Chapter 59

Monday, June 11th, 2016

Bey's POV

I seriously did not feel like goin' to school, but finals. I did not see point takin' finals and shit when I've already been accepted to schools and made my committed to live ESPN. Out of all every single school I was accepted to, I narrowed it down to three school. Duke, UCLA, LSU.

It was one of the hardest decisions in my life, honestly. Duke was at the top of the list out of the three because of what they were offerin' me. Like, I'd start point guard or shootin' guard, whichever I chose but my family is here. I know that I should think of myself when it comes to these types of decision. I also know that I told myself that I'd runaway far away from LA if I got the chance, but that was when my life was complete trash.

Now, things are lookin' up for me. I know my parents are locked up but I can easily drive to the prison for visits. That'd be hard to do if I'm all the way in North Carolina or Louisiana. My family is everything to me and they're all here, except for Darian but it's four hour drive. It's nothin'.

My committment style was simple. I just picked the school's hat and placed it on my head. I selected USC'S revial school, UCLA. They rejected me, so now I will respond every single time UCLA and USC meet up for a game. USC will lose every game against us.

Matt chose UCLA, too, which made me happier about choosin' UCLA. He had a harder decision than I did. His reasonin' was because didn't want to leave Auntie G home alone as if she was [his] child. And he knows that me and him at the same school would be everything, plus, we always said that we would attend the same college.

First period, there was no final because of the last project. Second period, we had a final but it was so easy for me so I finished first and took a nap for the remainder of the class. Lord have mercy, I'm ready to go home. I was ready go home before I even got outta the bed.

"Today, we're just watching the news." My third period teacher spoke. "In case you forgot, that last ten-page paper was the final and I've already submitted your final grade." oh. I got a B+ on that paper. Some of the students groaned, they obviously failed. Welp! Sucks to suck! As long as you get a D in the class, you can still get your credits. They should be fine, unless they haven't done shit all year long.

"The search is on for the killer of a South Los Angeles teen." I heard the news reporter say. "Scott Martin is on the scene of where this senseless murder took place."

"Amanda, we can't tell you much about the murder of Amari," Scott said from the newsroom and my heart instantly sped up before droppin' down to my stomach. Amari???? No! Not my best bud! I can't jump to conclusion because that is a very common name here in LA. I don't know any other Amari's personally, but I've heard this name in many conversations in the last four years. Nah, it's not my best bud. He's in Riverside wit' his mom and her best friend. He's good. He wouldn't come back to LA for nothin'. This is probably about a girl named Amari. Yeah, most likely.

"This senseless murder has left South Los Angeles with nothing but pain and suffering."

"This is eighteen year old Amari Daniels and his mother." Scott said as a photo of my best bud and his mom appeared on the screen. Oh my God. Noo! The strings of my heart tore apart. My heart hurt severely as it pounded through my chest.

"I just wanna make my mom proud." I could hear him. My eyes filled wit' tears, blurrin' my vision. His poor mom. She lost all three of children to the streets and the gangs. Her youngest and only son, was murdered. God, I can't imagine what her heart feels like if mine is tearin' away string by string. This is gonna be tremendously hard for her.