Chapter 42

January 30th, 2016

Shawn's POV

"Brother!" I heard and woke up abruptly. "Are you sleepin'?" Skye asked sittin' beside me on my bed.

"I was." I chuckled.

"Good, because I didn't wanna wake you up or anything." She said sarcastically. Usually I would be upset, but I can't even be mad at her. Before I could respond before Syer walked in.

"Bro! You sleep or no?"

"No, he's awake." Skye answered for me.

"Daddy is makin' breakfast." Syer said sitting on my bed.

"Get out of his face." I heard Carla's voice. I looked up and she was standin' in the door frame. "Let him wake up fully. Goodness gracious."

"His eyes are open." Syer said.

"What are we doin' today?" Skye asked.

"Let's ball!" Syer answered excitedly.

"No, no. We did that last time. Lets do something else." Skye said.

"We could watch movies in the theater!" Syer suggested.

"I like that idea." I covered my mouth and yawned.

"Theeeeen we could ball." Syer said.

"Aight." I agreed.

"Shawn, breakfast is ready, if you feel like gettin' up." I nodded my head, stretched them got up from the bed.

"Bro, daddy is makin' breakfast burritos." Syer said.

"Do you like breakfast burritos?" Syke asked.

"I love them."

"Good because daddy makes the best ones."

"I know he does."

"He used to make them for you, too?" Syer asked.

"All the time." I followed behind Skye and Syer downstairs to the dinin' room. Sheldon was settin' the plate of burritos on the table.

"Good morning, son." Sheldon greeted.

"Mornin'." I replied.

"What are the plans for today?" He asked.

"We're gonna chill in the theater." Syer answered.

"Then play ball." Skye added. That's exactly what we did after we ate breakfast. We went straight the movie theater. It took us a minute to decide on which movies to watch, but we eventually came to a mutual decision. When movies got borin', we went to the gym to play a few games of twenty-one and HORSE. It wasn't serious at all. We joked around the entire time.

I went up to my room to shower and stuff once we were finished. I was looking though my bag for toothbrush when I heard my phone ring wit' a text message. I grabbed it from my bed and saw that I had hella text messages and couple of missed calls.

"What the hell.." I said quietly. I couldn't read any of them because I didn't have my "preview" on. I unlocked it and opened my messages first.

Received from Lajoy: I heard about what happened. I just wanted to tell you that I'm always here if you need a shoulder to cry on. Stay strong.

"Stay strong?" I questioned. "What the hell is she talkin' about?"

Received from Dakota: Hey, brother. I hope you're doing alright. 😪🙏🏾👼🏾I'm praying for you and the family.