Chapter 58

Saturday, June 10th, 2016

Bey's POV 

"Be careful, Bey." Shawn said for what seemed like the thousandth time. I looked down at my phone to see him lookin' a lost puppy. I'm goin' to see Amari and of course he doesn't want me to go. He won't admit it for whatever reason but it's painfully obvious.

"I heard you the first you said it." I told him. "I'll be fine."

He sighed. "You should get back on the freeway around four o'clock, so you can beat that traffic."

"Babe." I said. "This is your fourth time tellin' me. I know.

He chuckled. "I'm just tryna make sure you know, babe."

"I think I got it. Am I meetin' you at the beach?"

"No. Meet me at my house. I wanna ride wit'chu."

"Okay. I'm about to leave. I'll see you in a few hours."

"Aight. Let me know when you get there. I love you."

"I will. And I love you, too." I ended the FaceTime call and left the house. I was home alone so there was no one to say goodbye to, as usual. The drive to Riverside was fifty-five minute long. It would've been longer but I drove in the carpool lane. It's illegal unless you get caught!

"Hi, sweetie." The woman, Ms. McDaniel's, friend. answered the door.

"Hi, I'm Beyoncé." I smiled at her and she stepped aside to let me in.

"They've already told me about you. He's in the living room."

"Thank you." She showed me to the livin' room. There he was, wit' his lima bean headass, watchin' borin' ass golf.

"Oooohhhh Amaaarriiiii!" I sang. He turned around quick as hell wit' huge smile on his face. I swear that smile could make the devil smile. It was so infectious. He looked so happy, genuinely. He rushed over to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you, man." He said soundin' relieved to see me.

"I missed you too." I did. I missed hangin out with him everyday 'til the sun had gone down. Laughing wit' him, doin' homework. I just missed him. We let go of the hug and I just looked at him. I stared into his eyes.

"Sit down. Get comfortable." He told me. I set my bag next to me on the couch and took my red Toms off.

"You look different." Amari said studyin' me. He looked me up and down.

"Different? Different how?" I chuckled a little while he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know." He said tryin' to figure it out.

"Good or bad?"

"Good, you look happy."

I smiled. "That's probably because I am happy. Happy to see you! Duh."

"That was cute." He smiled.  "I'm glad you came."

"As you should be."

"Whatever, fooh. You hungry?"

"I could eat."

"We got cereal."

"That's perfect." We both got up from the couch and I followed him to the kitchen.

"Aight.. We got Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Captain Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Cookie Crips, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch." He looked at me while I was lookin' at the top of the fridge, tryin' to make decision.

"Fruit Loops!" I said excitedly.

"Good choice. I had that when I woke up." I realized that was still in his "pajamas". V neck t shirt and basketball shorts.