Chapter 38

January 8th, 2016.

Bey's POV

"So, who's your friend?" I asked already knowin' who she was. I just wanted to see how he would introduce us and how she would react.

"Oh, this is Dakota," Shawn introduced. Did her parents really name her after a state?

"Hi," Dakota greeted wit' a smile. I didn't even respond. I didn't care to because I don't like her. I just looked at Shawn.

"We go to the same school," He said.

"Yeah, we met," Dakota added and briefly looked at me. Shawn was clueless as hell.

"Yeah," Dryly, I said.

"Wait.. What?" Shawn asked cluelessly.

"Me and your girlfriend met already," she told him.

"Uum," He said. "How?"

"Does it matter?" I asked.

"I was just askin'," Shawn frowned. "What's wrong wit'chu?"

"Nothin'."

"Oh, Shawn!" Dakota exclaimed and we both looked at her. "I'm throwin' a party next weekend!"

"Why? Ain't nobody gon' come," he laughed and I just rolled my eyes.

"Shut up! It's gonna be hella lit!"

"Yeahhhh, right, okay." Shawn laughed.

"Hater. You gon' come, right?"

"I don't know, but I'ma see wassup." I rolled my eyes again and blew my breath. Dakota looked at me wit' discomfort all over her face. She looked at Shawn and I frowned.

"..I'm just gonna go back inside," she said.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," I said.

"Shawn, I'll see you later." She smiled at him.

"Aight." South Dakota walked away and I rolled my eyes again. Shawn grabbed my hand and led me off to the side where there little to no one was standin'.

"What's your problem?" He asked kinda aggressively. I instantly frowned at his tone.

"I don't have a problem." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't? Why are you comin' over here wit' all this unnecessary attitude?"

"I don't have an attitude!"

"You say that as you raise your voice." Shawn rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," I said harshly shruggin' my shoulders.

"What?" Shawn asked lookin' at innocently and cluelessly.

"Nothin'!"

"Are you gonna tell me what's botherin' you or not?"

"I'm fine! Stop askin' me-"

"Stop makin' me ask the question and just tell me," He said growin' impatient and irritated.

"I just told you that I'm fine!" I snapped.

"No, you keep lyin'! Sayin' 'Nothin' is botherin' me," he mocked me in an ugly high pitched voice. I frowned at him thinkin' that I actually speak like that.

"I don't sound like that," I mumbled.

"Yes you do. But stop bullshittin' and tell me. I'm not a mind reader. What's wrong? Somebody step on ya shoes today? Are you upset because you had a bad game? What?"

"I didn't even play," I said sadly.

"I understand why you're mad, babe, but don't take your anger out on me. 'Cause I didn't do shit to you."