Chapter 16

Bey's POV

"No, no." I turned back around. "I can't do this."

"Yes you can, Bey." She placed her hands my shoulders. "You've made this far. You can do it." She nodded.

"They're not gonna believe me. This is stupid."

"It's not stupid. They're going to believe you, just like I do. Take a deep breath. You can do it."

I took the deepest breath ever. I'm going to do this. It's going to stop all of this. I can do it. I turned back around and walked further into the building.

"Wait right here." Ms. Maldonado said then she walked to one of the detectives. I figured he was a detective, because he's dressed in casual clothes. He could be just a regular person, who knows. They exchanged a few words. I couldn't hear because I'm kind of far from them. But then she followed him somewhere and I frowned. Maybe that wasn't the right detective? I don't know, but she soon came back with a black women dressed in a blazer and slacks. They were heading towards me.

"Hi, Beyoncé." The detective greeted. "I'm detective Johnson. You wanna have seat, so we can talk?" He asked.

"Sure, but does it have to be right here?" I asked referring to her desk. It's all out in the open, and I wasn't comfortable with the idea.

"We can go in one interrogation rooms, if that's okay?"

"That's fine, but can she come with me?"

"Of course." She led the way. Ms. Maldonado held my hand as we walked to the room. On the way, I had to text Solange and let her know that she had to get a ride with Ingrid. She said okay, and I'm glad she didn't ask a million questions.

"Do you want some water or anything?" The detective asked when we sat down.

"No." I shook my head. "I'm fine."

"Okay, so do you wanna tell me you're here?"

"Where do you want me to start?"

"The very beginning."

I hesitated out of fear and nervousness. I wanted to this to end and I wanted to be free from it all. I had to speak up about it. "..Well, my step dad's old coworkers were homeless, so they came to live in our garage."

"They? How many is it?" Curiously, the detective asked.

"Two."

She nodded. "Continue."

"They were cool when they first moved in-"

"What changed?"

"One night, I was on my way to sleep." I paused because I felt something in the pit of stomach and tears forming. "And...John.." I bit my bottom lip, trying to stop myself from crying.

"It's okay." She rubbed my back, kind of putting me at ease. "Take your time."

"He.. Uhh.. He came into my room. I asked what he was doing. He told me shut up, then locked my door. I knew what he was going to do, so I asked to him stop and leave my room.." I wiped my face, and Ms. Maldonado rubbed my back too. I looked at her for some type of reassurance when I saw that she had tear in her eyes too. I looked down at the table and continued.

"Then he pushed me down on my bed, and.." I swallowed really hard. No matter how hard I swallow, the lump in my throat won't disappear.

"He uuhh..." I blew my breath a little bit. "He told to me take my clothes off, so I did. I was scared of what he might if I didn't. I didn't object to anything."

"Okay." Detective Johnson nodded again. "Then what happened?"

I hate talking about what happen to me. It's like picking at a scab. Piece by piece, it's hurts like hell. A little blood is drawn, the blood represents my tears. Talking about it, never gets easier. At least to me it doesn't. I hate it.