Chapter 29

Bey's POV

"Yeah I am

"Yeah I am." Confidently and proudly, I answered. "Why?"

"Woah, chill." She chuckled as if I offended her or something. "It's nothin' like that, hun. I just wanted to put a face to the girl that put this together for the homie."

"The homie?" I questioned. And did she just call me "hun"??

"Yeah, me and your boy been friends since ninth grade." She bragged wit' happy smile. I mean, 'okay' emoji, 'cool' emoji. Did she want a cookie for that?

"I'm honestly amazed and surprised."

"At what?" I asked curiously. I should be more upset than curious. But I really want to know what the hell she's talkin' about.

"At you still bein' around. He gets tired of them pretty quickly." Them? As in the girls he dealt wit' before? I knew that already, but why is she tellin' me this? Who does she think she is? And why does she have such a "know it all", boastful tone?

"And you know this becauuse..?" I furrowed my brows.

"Like I said, I've known him since the ninth grade."

"Are you a senior, too?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, okay." I laughed a little then turned to walk away.

"What's so funny about me bein' a senior?"

"It's not about you bein' a senior. It's about you sayin' that you've known him since ninth grade..As if you guys have been friends for ten years or something?" I laughed again.

"I know enough to know that he gets tired of them then gets a new one." She said wit' a slight attitude.

"A new one?" I laughed again. It was really funny because I could tell that she was only tryin' to get a rise outta me. I'm way too happy right now to let his 'friend' upset me and make me believe shit she tried to imply.

"Yeah, a new girl. It's so easy for him 'cause he plays ball, but I'm sure you knew that already." Obviously! Fuckin' duh I know that he plays basketball. Why wouldn't I know that?

"Girls practically throw themselves at him. Keep him on a tight leash-"

"A leash?" I frowned. I was offended on his behalf. "He isn't a dog-"

"No, no. Not like that. I'm not sayin' that he's a bad guy or anything. I'm sayin' that he's hella popular and there's always someone tryna get at him. You're wit' him. You know that he's attractive, his swagger is different from the rest of these dusty niggas. He's goin' places, and these hoes just tryna get put on. But we from the same hood, so you knew that already too."

"Yeah, I'm aware, but he's wit' me, so." I told her. I'm not one of the girls that she just mentioned. Unlike them, I don't need him or- anybody else for that matter to "put me on". I can put myself on. Not only that, but Shawn actually likes me for me. Not just for my body and what I can do wit' and for him. I'm more than just my body. That's the difference between me and the girls from his past.