Chapter 33

December 24th, 2015

Shawn's POV

"Pooh Bear!" I heard my Granny yell my name. It sounds like she's in the kitchen or something.

"Yes, Granny?" I yelled back but she didn't say anything. Maybe she didn't hear me.

"Granny!" I yelled louder, but she still ain't respond. Fuck it!

"Man, I ain't gettin' up." I said.

"You're not what?" Granny questioned standin' in the door way of my room. My heart dropped to the floor because she heard me and scared the fuck outta me.

"Huh?" I said pretendin' to be clueless.

"What are you not going to do?" Granny asked.

"Oh nah, Granny. I was talkin' to BK." I lied. BK was sittin' up in my bed next to me.

"Is that right?"

"He swears he's not gonna get up to get the Xbox controllers, but he is. I'm about to beat him again." BK said for a matter of fact. Oh, Thank God. Granny was 'bout to beat my ass.

"Woah. Slow ya roll, pimp!" I said to BK. "You're not beatin' me."

"I need y'all to go to the grocery store for me." Granny said.

"What store?" I asked.

"Food 4 Less, or Albertsons. It d-"

"It ain't Ralph's, though!" Me and BK laughed so hard while Granny just stood there lookin' at us. She probably thinks we're high.

"Okay, go to Ralph's then, Grandson. It doesn't matter." We kept laughin' because she had no idea why we were laughin'. She didn't get it.

"What is so funny?" She asked.

"Nothing. You wouldn't understand if I told you."

"Whatever, boy. Here's a list of what I need and my card." I got up from the bed and grabbed the list and card then put them in my pocket.

"You remember my PIN number?"

"Yes, but Granny, why didn't you just text me the list? Why did you write it down?"

"Does it matter?"

"Not really. I was only wonderin'."

"Mhm. Y'all hurry up and go. It's gonna be packed in that store. I want to finish cooking. Gone na." She rushed us then left my room. BK got up from the bed too and we both put our shoes on.

"That's why you my nigga, babe!" I said throwin' my arm over her shoulder as soon as we got outside.

"You almost got beat the fuck up." She laughed.

"For real, man."

"Not all heroes wear capes."

I laughed. "You right, you right. But you should let me drive, though."

"You don't have to tell me twice." BK handed me her keys right away. I opened the passengers door for her and closed it once she was in.

"So, BK." I started when I got in the car and put my seat belt on.

She looked at me. "So, Big Head."

"I have a personal question." I turned the key in the ignition and pulled off.

"You say that as if you're not my boyfriend."

I glanced at her for a quick second. "Just because we're in a relationship doesn't mean that I'm entitled to know every single detail of your life."