Chapter 28

December 4th, 2015

Shawn's POV

Man, this class is borin' as fuck! History is the dumbest fuckin' subject! The easiest to pass, but the dumbest

Man, this class is borin' as fuck! History is the dumbest fuckin' subject! The easiest to pass, but the dumbest. I should have just listened to Granny and stayed home today. She was gonna stay home if I stayed home, but shit. We need money, so.

I pulled my phone outta my pocket to check snapchat and shit. As soon as I unlocked it, BK texted me.

Received from BK: Birthday boy, WYD?

Sent to BK: in class, bored af. It's about to end though. You?

Received from BK: Good. Meet me in the front.

I frowned. What the hell is she talkin' about? In the front? She's here? At my school?

Sent to BK: what? The front? What do you mean?

Received from BK: the front of your school, silly! You're ditchin' for the rest of the day.

I smiled then quickly looked up to see if my teacher was lookin' at me, which he wasn't. He never really pays any attention.

Sent to BK: aight, see you in a few.

Received from BK: cool. Don't take forever because we're on a time schedule.

Sent to BK: uuh. Why?

Received from BK: don't ask questions, homie. Be Nike, just do it.

I laughed out loud.

"Shawn, I'm pretty sure section twelve isn't that interestin'." Mr. Kawasaki said.

"You right. It's borin' as hell." Everybody laughed and Kawasaki got mad.

Sent to BK: you hella corny.

Received from BK: made you laugh though.

She's such a creep, man.

I realized it was one-twenty three. One more minute until the bell rang, so I put my phone back in my pocket and started puttin' my notes and shit in my backpack. Everybody started packin' their shit too.

"Hey, continue to read." Kawasaki said but nobody listened to his ass. We never do. He's annoyin' as hell and this classroom stinks.

The bell was literally about to ring so I stood up to leave. Kawasaki was talkin' about the bell doesn't dismiss you, I do. Then why the fuck do we have a bell? Teachers be wit' the extras, man. I walked out right before the bell actually rang. As soon as I stepped outta class, this new girl, LaJoy, bumped into me. Well, not really "new" but she transferred here not too long ago. I felt her foot tap mine and immediately looked down at my all white classic shell toe Adidas.

"My bad, Shawn." She said. I looked up at her and she was smilin' at me.

"You good, Joy." I started walkin' towards the hall exit door and she walked beside me.