Chapter 12

Bey's POV

"Lips better be good! Shit.." Nikki said smackin' on her gum as she referred to Big Head playin' ball. I've been to a few of his games and I think he's so talented. I wanted my friends to see, so I had them tag along. We sat all on the first row, takin' up half of it. I always sit in the front because Big Head asks me to. He likes to be able to spot me easily.

"Stop callin' him Lips! He has a name!" I joked, still kind of serious. It's lowkey annoyin' when they call him "lips" instead of his actual name. I know that they're just playin' and they mean well. But still.

"I call him lips and you're gonna deal."

"You know what.." I mushed her face.

"Aaaaw." Matt put me in a slight head lock. "You don't want no one to talk about your boyfriend?"

I pushed him away. "God, you're annoyin'. Where is your girlfriend?"

"She gon' meet up wit' us after the game." Of course she is. She's probably bein' a hussy with the rest of those cheerleaders. But that's none of my business.

"Where we goin' after the game?" Travis asked. He's another friend of mine that plays on the varsity basketball team with Matt.

"Foooooood!" Kelly answered. Travis got up and sat next to Kelly.

"Kelly, baby." He put his arm around her waist. "Why you keep givin' me the cold shoulder?"

I would have continued to listen but G.O.O.D Music's "Mercy" started playin', Shawn and team came joggin' out. I stood to my feet and cheered loudly for him.

"You're not about to embarrass me." Solange said pullin' me back down.

"Girl.." Nikki looked at me with a stank face. "Yo ASS is sprung as shit."

"I'm not sprung. That's impossible." I flipped the fallen curls in my hair. Big Head started clowning around with one of his teammates. They both got kind of low, and did their handshake. After they bumped shoulders in the air, they ran lay-up lines.

"Damn, Bey." Ingrid said. "Why you starin' so hard?"

"Okay?!" Nikki added her two cents.

"Oh see.. Y'all must want to walk."

"Nah. I was just playin' cousin."

"Mmhmm." I put my focus back on Shawn. I know I'm a virgin, but you could all of his print. Jesus Christ.. Let me get my head out of the gutter. The few minutes went by and more people filled the bleachers. For whatever reason, Big Head is joggin' my way.

"What are you doing?" I asked gigglin' as I stood up again.

"I need a hug and kiss." He said as if I should already know.

"Shawn!" His coach called.

"You better go before you're sittin' on the bench the entire game."

"Ain't nobody worried 'bout him. He needs me to win" He chuckled.

"That's true." I giggled.

"Shawn!" His coach called again.

"Go, Big Head." I waved him off.

"After I get what I came over here for." I gave him a hug and a soft peck on the lips.

"Now go."

"Thank you." He quickly pecked my lips three more times before runnin' back to his team.

"Oooooooooh." Someone in the bleachers cooed. All of the homies turned around and looked up into the bleachers. It was so thug.

"We're just friends." Matt mocked me.