Chapter 43

AN: I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying this story, and I appreciate the love. But, I have to say that this story is already written and completed. 👀👀 And none of it is written based off what I think readers want to happen. It won't change because a reader disagrees. not to sound harsh, but I see that a lot on here. But anyways, hope y'all like this chapter.

Friday, February 19th, 2016

Bey's POV

I've been in the hospital for about three weeks now and it's annoyin' as shit. It's been annoyin' since day two. I'm so ready to go home! This bed isn't the most comfortable to sleep in. I have to lay on my back which is not how I usually fall asleep. I have to be extremely sleepy in order to actually fall asleep. I don't get many hours of sleep because it's so hard to fall asleep.

The only thing that makes sleepin' here a little easier is my blanket from home. It's like a frozen tundra in here at night and these thin hospital blankets won't keep me warm. I have to use both. I still have to wear this stupid hospital gown because my wounds are still healin'. I can finally wear my joggers, though.

My shoulder and arm bein' in a brace just makes everything harder. Yes, I'm right handed, but sometimes I need both of my hands to do certain things. I can't comb my hair wit' one hand.  

The food is alright. It's not good, but it's not entirely horrible either. It's whatever. I can't have anything too heavy. Mainly soups, salads, sandwiches, fruit and vegetables. If I want something sweet, they give me jello. It's not what I want really want but it lowkey does the trick.

The most annoying part of about this whole situation is that I can't freakin' walk. Well, I can, but my balance is completely off. I always stumble every time I try move on my own. When I do have someone by my side, it takes forever to get to my destination. I still stumble. Takin' "showers" is a pain in the ass. I still have stitches that I can't get wet or get soap on. I have to have someone wit' me, helpin' me stand while tryin' to clean my body. It's either my Mom- if she's there, or my sister. Havin' the nurse wit' me was so strange the first time because I'm so exposed! But I'm use to it now.

My doctor and my nurses are lowkey annoyin'. They literally are in my room every thirty minutes. I need my treatment and help movin' my legs, but it's annoyin'. They're always askin' how I'm feelin' and tellin' me how it's gonna get better and blah blah blah. I know that's they're job, but havin' someone in your face all day everyday is nerve wreckin'! Especially since they constantly ask me how I'm feelin'. Like I'm in fuckin' pain and can't walk or play basketball! What the fuck do you think?

"Knock, knock." I heard.

"Come in." I told whoever it was, most likely my nurse or doctor.

"Good morning, Bey." Nurse Savannah greeted as she entered my room. She's my favorite nurse. The other nurse that comes in around seven o'clock pm isn't as nice and gently as Savannah is. She saw that I was struggling to put my hair in a ponytail with my one hand and helped me out. Instead of brushing it into a ponytail, she gave me cornrows so I won't continue to struggle. The next day, she gave me a wave cap. It's better than a regular scarf and easier for me to put on.

The other nurse, Teresa, is a grumpy old white lady. She's not very helpful. I don't like her.

"Mornin'." I mumbled. I like Savannah but I'm not much of a mornin' person, especially not now.

"How are you feeling, love?" She asked in her usual chipper tone.

I feel like I wanna go home.

"I'm fine." I answered plainly. She just nodded her head. I could tell that she wanted to say more but remembered that I didn't like talkin' so much in the mornin'. She went over to the sink to wash her hands and put a pair of gloves.