Chapter 24

Bey's POV

"What happen?" Matt aggressively asked me immediately. I laughed at him. I laughed because the answer was so obvious.

"You can't tell? She got her ass beat."

"Are you really laughin' right now?"

"Yes, that's what I do when I find something funny. I laugh." I laughed again. I was borderline crackin' up.

Matt just looked at me. "For real.."

"What, man?" This is seriously funny to me. What did he expect me to say to him? "You didn't ask your girlfriend why she has an ice pack attached to her face?"

"I want you to tell me."

I tilted my head to the left a little. "What do you think happen, Matt?"

"Be serious." He said but I just rolled my eyes.

"She talked shit and got hit." I shrugged. "It's that simple."

"No. It's not simple."

My smile quickly faded into a frown. "Yes it is! That's what happens when you pop off at the mouth and can't back that shit up. You get hit."

This wasn't what I expected comin' over here. He wasn't suppose to act clueless. I expected that from Vanessa. I expect her to play the victim as if she didn't start this shit on day one. Just like I'm now expectin' Matt to take Vanessa's side, as usual.

"What did you say, Vanessa?" Matt asked after he blew his breath.

"I didn't say anything!" Vanessa answered, more like she lied.

"So you're holdin' that ice pack to your face for nothin'?" I asked.

"I didn't say or do anything." She repeated.

"Vanessa, stop lyin'! You were talkin' shit all fuckin' day. That's why your lip is busted. That's why you have two black eyes. You wrote a check that yo ass couldn't cash."

This is legit stupid as fuck. This whole "meetin'" we're havin' right now is so fuckin' pointless. I don't understand why I have to explain why I fought her! Is it not evident? Well, it wasn't even a fight. I gave her exactly what she has been askin' since day one. An ass whoopin'! She deserved that and I don't regret it.

"Girl, I didn't say anything about you. You just have a guilty conscience."

"So because Matt is here you wanna play the victim? You're full shit, Vanessa!" Each second that went by, my anger was risin'.

"I'm not playin' at anything. You felt like I was talkin' about you. Whose fault is that?"

"You have a smart ass mouth! That's why it got busted-"

"Is all of that necessary?" Matt asked.

I whipped my head in his direction. "Is this conversation necessary?"

"Yeah! I'm tryna figure out what happen."

"Don't sit here and act like clueless, Kenneth! You know damn well what happened! But I'll tell you.. She, your perfect girlfriend, was runnin' her damn mouth, and I, your best friends of thirteen wonderful years, gave her what she asked for. Then her fat, ugly ass friends tried to jump me, but they all ended up gettin' their ass beat just like your girlfriend. Break up with Vanessa and make the world a better place. Like, what the fuck is this?"

"Your friends tried to jump her?" He wasn't happy about that, but he wasn't angry enough for my likin' either.

"Keyword is tried." I said. "They all got what they got what they deserved, too. I bet she didn't tell you that."