Chapter 47

Sunday, April 24th, 2016

Bey's POV

"Good morning, church." Pastor said. It felt so good to be in church after countless weeks of being confined to that hospital room and physical therapy facility! To be able to wear this burgundy choir robe along wit' everyone else was the best feelin'. A feelin' that I haven't felt in a long time. Today is my first time singin' in months, but I trust God and I trust my voice. I know each song very well, so I didn't need the rehearsal.

"Good morning." We all replied.

"Uh.. I said good morning!" He repeated, wantin' us to be louder.

"Good morning!" I can't see his face, but I'm pretty sure pastor is smilin'. It brought a smile to my face. This really feels good!

"On today I want to talk to you about this- I have a story for you all. As many of you know, we've had Beyoncé on our prayer list." My eyes widen as soon as I heard my name. Oh no! I didn't he was serious about usin' me as an example!

"I've been saying 'pray for her, pray for her'." He spoke softly. "For those of you that do not know, she was shot in a drive by. Her shoulder was fractured. She no longer has a spleen because it was ruptured by the bullet and removed in surgery. The bullet in her back was only an inch a way from her spinal cord. She was extremely close to being paralyzed from the waist-down. Beyoncé had some much nerve damage, that she was not able to walk without falling."

I looked around as everyone that wasn't aware of my condition gasped and shook their heads at the devil's doings.

"When me and my wife visited her in the hospital," Pastor continued. "she was feeling so many different emotions. She felt discouraged! We told her to pray and keep her faith in the Lord. Give it to him!"

Everyone agreed as they clapped.

"After a few weeks, she started her physical therapy. The doctors told her that even with the therapy she will always walk with a limp because there was so much nerve damage. They told her that she will never play basketball ever again." I heard a few loud gasps. I'm really on the spot right now. Oh my Gosh!

"But the Bible says! In Philippians's four thirteen! I can what?" He said wantin' us to finish the scripture.

"Do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" Everyone said loudly then clapped right away.

"All things!" Pastor exclaimed. "With Christ! He doesn't put more on us than we can bare!"

I smiled while some people clapped and shouted "Amen."

"He doesn't give us more than we can handle!" He added and everyone clapped, agreein' wit' him.

"Let me tell how good God is- I can show you better than I can tell you." Pastor turned to me as called me over to him. By God's good graces, I was able to walk outta the choir stand and down to the Pastor wit'out my crutches, cane or wheelchair. I didn't stumble, shake, or wobble. I can walk, and I swear I can walk better than I was prior to bein' shot.

Five days a week, I endured what I considered to be the most intense physical therapy ever. I worked so incredibly hard! I worked harder than I did on the basketball court. I literally shed a little blood and tons of sweat. By the end of every single session, my body was covered in my sweat. My clothes were drenched. I sweated so much that I wasn't able to separate the sweat from my tears. I was only allowed to cry the first day. Valeree really wasn't havin' my tears. There were days when I wanted to say "forget this!" and just quit, but Valeree wouldn't let me.

I'm forever grateful and blessed that she was my physical therapist. She pushed me so hard every single second of every single day. It came of as a "hard ass", but I needed it. She gave me nothin' but tough love but constantly reminded me of the end result. Just like Shawn and Pastor, she didn't care what the doctor said. I was goin' to walk and play college ball! And be better than I ever was!