Chapter 52

Sunday, May 8th, 2016

Bey's POV

I literally pinched myself to see if this was real and not a dream like I hoped. But it actually hurt. I don't know what hurts more, though. The bruise on my arm or the fact that I have another brother and I'm just now finding out.

Did Matt know all of these years? Or did he recently find out? Why didn't he tell me? I don't care if he found out two days ago or two years ago, he should've told me. He should've told me the minute the information was revealed.

He's probably known all this time. He had to know! There's no way he couldn't have known about us having the same freakin' father. I'm sure growin' up wit' just your mom makes you wonder about your dad. I'm pretty sure he's asked. And I'm pretty sure Auntie told him.

Maybe Matt- my best friend, not to be mistaken with my Da- our Dad. My best friend. Maybe he wasn't fatherless. My Dad could've been in his life, too? I mean, he had time to cheat on my Mom! So maybe he had time to be a father to Kenneth, too. I wish this wasn't true but I hope Kenneth knew him like I did.

Me and Kenneth are brother and sister and we're three freakin' days apart. What in the hell.

This is so crazy.

I looked down the birth certificate in my hand and tried to come to terms wit' this. My best friend since kindergarten, someone I called my brother, is actually my.. brother. We are [blood] related.

What the fuck..

How long has he known? How did he find out? Why hasn't he said anything to me? Was he going to tell me? Is he adopted? Who else knows about this? Does my Mom know?

As I continued to stare at the three names on the certificate, so many questions circulated in my head. Some things that happened prior to right flashed in my mind and I was about to put two and two together. Certain things that Matt and my other brother Darian said before all made sense now. Darian knew, too. That explains why he would always ask how Matt was doin' all the time. I remember him being happy when I told him that me and Solange would be stayin' with him.

So everyone knows about this except me and Solange. That's just fuckin' great. I've been lied to! By my family! What type of bullshit is that?! Why wouldn't they tell me that? This doesn't make any sense.

I laid in the bed and I thought. I thought about all the possible reasons why no one told us the truth. None of them were excusable. I should have been informed regardless. I don't care what the reason was. This should been brought to my attention. I can't help but think about my Dad and what he had goin' on back then.

Tears formed in my eyes. I don't even know why I'm crying. It's makin' more mad. I cried until I gave myself a headache.

Eventually, I fell asleep wit' my face buried in the pillow. That's the way I woke up. I sighed as I lifted my body from the bed. I heard Matt's voice comin' from outside of the room and instantly got angry. I walked into the livin' room to see Solange, Matt, and Auntie sittin' on the couch.

"Hey, Gis. You're finally awake." Matt said smilin'.

"I thought we were close." I said.

"What chu mean?" He chuckled. "We are."

"Apparently." I smirked. "Closer than I thought."

"Huh?" He said lookin' confused.

"I thought that we could tell each other any and everything." Matt looked at his mom and Solange in confusion.

"What are you talkin' about?"

"You should be able to come to me and tell me anything. It hurts that you kept something like this from me."