Chapter 36

Thursday, January 7th, 2016

Bey's POV

"Babe, I'ma go to the Burger King down the street." Shawn said when my therapist stepped out of her office. She looked at me and flashed a smile.

"Okay." I replied standin' to my feet.,He kissed my lips then left.

"Hi, Beyoncé." Monica greeted wit' a bright lovin' smile. Her smile could make anyone smile, no matter what their mood is.

"Hey, Monica." She held her door open and I walked in. I sat on the couch and she sat behind her desk.

"How are you?" She asked curiously. "How was your mini vacation to...where did you go again?"

"I went to New York City."

"Oh, yes!" She smiled. "The city that never sleeps, the big apple! How was that?"

"It was good. Really good!" I smiled remembering New Year Eve night. It was one of the best times of my life! We spent the entire day explorin' New York. When nightfall came we were in Time Square and it was so crowded. But it was fun nonetheless. We counted down as we watched the ball drop. For the first time, I had a New Year kiss. It wasn't any different than any other kiss, but we got to share that moment together.

We got back to the hotel room at two o'clock or something like that. And like we said, we'd bring in the new year havin' sex. It was good, but weird because I had to get used to the new position. Doggy style. It reminded of his birthday party when he playfully bent me over. I started laughin' in the midst of him slidin' in and out of me. He laughed, too, when he realized why I was laughin'. I think that position will be his favorite.

"Why really good? What did you do?"

"Uum." I smiled widely.

"You're smiling, very bright."

"Monica, can I ask you something?"

"I'm supposed to ask you the question."

"Well, what I want to ask.. the question is about me."

"Okay, ask me."

"On the way plane ride back to home, I was thinkin' about what I've been through and what happened in New York. Like thinkin' really hard. I was sexually assaulted for a while, but in New York... I had sex. Is that weird? Is that... normal?"

"Beyoncé, no two people are alike. Every man different from the next and so is every woman. No one reacts the exact same way as the next person. We all react differently to different experiences and situations."

"So I should haven't shut down and felt uncomfortable around guys?"

"There's no right or wrong answer for that. Some women do shut down and close themselves off from the world. Some women lose themselves and turn for the worse. And some women continue to live their life like it never took place. We're all different."

"That's me and I'm not sure why."

"Did you want yourself to shut down and trust no one?"

"I don't know, but I feel like I should have."

"Why?"

"Because that's what I've seen. I guess that's what they want me to see."

"Who is they?"

"TV, society, social media and stuff. That's all they really show, like Law and Order. Women that shut down after bein' assault or raped. They shut down and change their lives."