T W E N T Y-N I N E

J O R D A N

I ride around Harlem looking for one of our corner boys. He supposedly knows something about Aniya's well being. I park on a corner and watch a cop pull up behind me. I sigh and fix my hat on my head.

"Always wanna fuck with a nigga.", I say to myself out loud. I do them a big favor and step out of my car.

A few nosey ass people start walking slowly seeing what is going on. The cop driving gets out and walks up to me. He's a tall lanky older man with Jet black hair.

"Can I help you?", I ask him. He chuckles and looks at my car.

"This your car?", he asks me.

"I'm driving it ain't I?", he looks up at me and grins.

"I'm gonna ask again. Is this your car?", he asks. I fold my arms and lean up against it. I watch a few car ride past. "Alright we can play this game."

He grabs my arms and knocks me up against my car. "I didn't do shit! Why y'all pigs wanna fuck with me?", I spat. He walks me over to the squad car and throws me in the back seat. The other cop looks back and then looks at the other cop that's now in the driver seat.

"This Jason's boy?", he asks referring to the nigga that played a part in my birth.

"Man what is this bullshit?", I ask them.

"How you figure we on bullshit? We just wanna talk to you.", The cop that harassed me asks.

"We could of just talked outside. Don't play me like I'm dumb.", I respond fixing my chains around my neck.

"You're right Hamilton we don't just wanna talk. We need information from you. I'm Kenny and this is O'Shea ", The tall lanky one introduces.

"I don't know nothin", I tell him. "Now let me go"

"We know the 'no snitch policy'. We also know that you had a baby girl a few years back. Also she was killed and you don't know the full story. All we need is information on Regina Lopez and you get the files on Brianna's case. ", O'Shea proposes. I ignore him and push Brianna in the back of my head again.

"Look I don't know shit about Regina. I don't like you bringing my daughter up in this either. As far as I'm concerned I know the story and she's resting now. As for them files and your proposal, you can shove them up yo ass.", I tell him. I give him a hard glare and he clenches his jaw.

"Jason your father is a good friend of ours. He wanted you to do good with your Football career. You fell off some when your daughter was born. He would like for you to go back to the University Of Kentucky and get that NFL offer.", Kenny says to me.

I shake my head and smile. "This is what this about? My damn dad? Y'all know what fuck him and you too. If he can't come tell me this shit his self he a bitch. Don't fucking harass me again.", I yank the car knob only for it to be locked. "Let me out"

Kenny looks back at me and gives me a serious look. "Think about it Jordan. This won't be the last time you will see us.", he promises. He gets out and opens the door for me. I get out and walk away. I get back in my car and watch them drive off. I dial King's number and he answers on the second ring.