F I F T E E N

A N G E L A

"Niya has been good. She is a good kid and all. I just don't know what's gotten into her lately.", I tell my mother on the phone.

"Honey she is gonna be 18 Thursday. Let her live and stop trying to keep her in the house. She is a grown woman.", Mom tells me making noises in her kitchen.

"Not in my house she isn't.", I huff.

"So Tre can be a grown man because he has kids in your house? You treat her wrong and you know it.", Mom yells at me. I roll my eyes .

"Mom Tre is handling business also. He's on his way to the Pros momma.", I say feeling proud my baby boy did it.

"So your just gonna skip the fact that Aniya got her cosmetology degree at 16? Stop secluding her Angela. Once she's out of the house she's not gonna come back to even visit and honestly I don't blame her. I'll try and see you next week your father is bothering me", Mom hangs up and I Throw my phone down.

I'm not hard on Aniya. I just want her to be a better teen than I was. I fell into traps and felt men had to take care of me. I know what she is capable of doing and I trust her. I just pray that I don't run her away. I hear the door open and I flick the channels. Aniya walks in with an over night bag.

Tre walks in behind her and hugs me. "Hey momma", he greets me.

"Hey baby. Hi sweetie, spending the night at Tierra's?", I ask referring to her bag.

"No it was from last night.", she tells me. I don't have a problem with her helping Tierra out. Tre scowls and sits on the couch. "Why are you such an ass?", she asks him.

"Language!", I yell.

" I don't know ask Jordan.", he replies smartly. Niya smiles at him and he gets mad.

"Sit down both of you.", Niya sits down and looks at me. "I love the both of you. I hate when you guys are arguing. Daria came into this family and you and Your sister broke ap-"

"So Daria the reason we not talking. Wow mom you really would blame the outsider.", Tre says getting smart. He goes to get up and I pull him back down by his collar.

"Did I say that? I don't think so. You will not disrespect me. Tre I'm tired of hearing about you and Daria having sex in my house. You might be 18 and have two kids but you still live under my roof. I might not be here but you will still respect this house.", i tell Tre. Niya looks surprised I said anything to him.

"Also.", I direct towards Aniya. "I know you don't like Daria and that's okay because it's your opinion. But respect her for the love for your niece and nephew. You've been doing good and I just want you to see that I care about you and I'm proud of you. Love you."

"Love you too mom.", I toss her the keys to her truck and she smiles.

"Love you Tremaine.",

He looks around and mumbles "love you too mom".

Tremaine walks out of the living room and goes upstairs. Niya goes to leave but I call her. I pat the seat next to me and she sits.