T H I R T Y- F I V E

J O R D A N

"Mom!", I yell through out the house. I hear popping of grease and already know she cooking. I walk into the kitchen and smell food. "Damn what you burning in here?",

"What your mouth. You aren't that grown.", she replies. I sit down and chuckle.

"Here go your bottle of Merlot you wanted.", I hand her the bottle and she's smiles.

"You always looking out for your momma. Well thanks Jordan.", she says. She checks her hair one more time and I rub my goatee.

"You got a date don't you?", I ask her. Mom looks back and rolls her eyes.

" I am a grown woman.", she replies. I ignore her and take a piece of shrimp.

"Mhm yeah you right. I gotta go.", I tell her. She hugs me and I walk out of the house. I get in my car and pull off. I have no idea where I'm gonna go. I ain't got shit to do today.

I wanna decorate the club that's coming along nicely. Tomorrow I go and check the building out. Decorating is not my thing and I don't trust Arianna with it. She'll have the club looking like a Barbie doll house. But some of her ideas be good for a child her age. Aniya would be great for the job. But she's not here so I gotta hire professionals.

Imma just take my ass home and sleep. After 10 minutes I get home and take all my clothes off leaving me in my boxers. I lay down in the bed and look at the ceiling. Soon as I drift off to sleep the my phone ring.

"What?", I ask with my eyes closed.

"Jordan this is Kenny.",

"I know who it is.", I respond. Kenny laughs and coughs.

"We got some information from Keyon this morning.", he tells me. I sit up and start putting on my clothes.

"What did you find out?.", I ask him.

"Come with us. The interview is starting in 20 minutes.", Kenny hangs up and I shake my head. Why would his dumb ass tell me he found something out when he really didn't?

A N I Y A

"AHHHHHH!", I scream from the intensity of the sharp blade that just cut me. Marco cut me from the right side of my thigh to the right side of my breast. Blood gushes everywhere and Marco grabs my legs.

He pulls me off of the bed to the bathroom. Last night be carried me from the basement to his bedroom. He had raped  me and then beat me. At 5:45 a.m he gets up and he beats me. I'm the only one that gets this treatment. He likes to punch me in the side repeatedly.

My ribs feel like they can cave in at any second. Marco runs bath water and throws me in it. The hot water burns the fresh cut and I scream again.

"I'll have Tanya to come and clean you up.", he says quietly. Little does everyone know that Marco does drugs.

I watched him last night and it was an ugly site. When he's high he gets really abusive. Of course he takes it out on me and Kiera. But half of the time I take both of our beatings because she's pregnant and I would want someone to help me out if I was in her position. Plus no child in the womb should go through that.