T W E N T Y-S E V E N

K I N G

"We've been hit again!", I yell at Carmelo. He moves in his seat and looks down. "Explain this to me."

"I locked up the place last night. I know I did because I do every night. This shit can't be happening again.", he says more to his self. I go to open my mouth but my door flies open.

I'm quick to pull out my gun like the others until I realize it's only Regina. "Baby some of your corner boys were hit. Hurry they need help!", she says quickly before running back out.

I follow Regina with the crew behind me. On my all white plush carpet lay Perry, one of my local corner boys.

"On my floor? Get him off he's ruining it!", I yell. Regina slaps me and points her finger at me.

"You can get new carpet Carlos. But you can't get a new Perry if he bleeds out. Now do something!", she screams. Juno starts applying pressure on his wound. Perry screams out and starts crying.

"He bleeding to much. We gotta get him to the hospital.", Juno says looking up at me.

"I'll get the car. ", Justin says running out of the door. Jordan and Carmelo lifts up Perry while he tries to apply pressure to his chest.

"If doctors ask he was cleaning a gun and accidentally shot his self. He has a permit to carry a weapon so he should be fine. When he's responding call me.", I tell LJ. He nods and they carry Perry out of the door.

I look at the stains on my floor and sigh. I run back to my office and make a phone call. I knew this shit would happen.

"Well well if isn't my favorite customer.", Eric's voices booms through the phone.

"I'm not yo customer. What the fuck do you want? I know you got my corner boy. So don't expect to be off the hook .", I say through gritted teeth. Eric laughs and sucks his teeth.

"Who said I didn't like trouble? You know what I want and if I don't get it... more men die. I would hate to harm your lovely wife and kids. They are beautiful to me.", he says once again laughing .

I get mad and punch my glass table. "Don't mention my family again. Eric you've just got yourself a war.", I tell him standing up.

"Let it be. But one thing you wanna know?", he asks me getting serious .

"What?", I ask harshly.

"Get your facts straight of who popped yo niggas.", with that the phone hung up. I slam the phone down on the glass and it cracked. I kick the table over and Regina comes running in.

"Carlos... Are you in danger?", she asks already knowing. I nod my head and she sighs. "I'm tired of this. When are we gonna live a normal life?", she asks crying.

"Never Regina! Face the damn facts! We ain't normal people. I don't get up every morning to work a nine to five. I grind all through out the night for y'all. That expensive shit you want don't come from nothing. So don't say you tired if you ain't contributing.", I tell her. My anger got the best of me and it made her cry harder. She walks out and slams the door.

LJ

Perry told us a car pulled up with three dudes in it. They wanted some work and he sold to them. They shot him from behind and the bullet went through his chest.