T W E N T Y-S I X

D A R E N

I look at Niya and lick my lips. She is so beautiful even though she just woke up.

"Daren.. Can I ask you something?", she asks me laying her head down on her pillow.

"You can ask me anything.", I assure her.

"If I get taken. Will you come and find me?", she asks me seriously. I look at her and nod my head.

"Baby I'm not gonna let them take you. Besides I'll lose my damn mind. You mean to much to me baby girl.", I vent to her. She starts giggling and blushes.

"Okay making sure. What did you do yesterday?", she asks me making conversation.

"I took a shower, ate, went to practice for a few hours, ate, took another shower, took a shit and fell to sleep. I gotta get my energy up to chill with you.", I tell her honestly. She forms a mug on her face and scrunches her face up.

"Ew Daren I didn't need to know all of that. So what are you gonna do today?", she asks me.

I roll over in bed and rub my eyes. "Sleep. Tre tryna go to a damn concert. ", I tell her.

"Go Daren. You don't do anything. Literally all you do is sleep, eat and practice", she complains.

"Don't forget shit too.", I remind her. She scrunches her face up and I laugh.

"Daren I'm being serious. Go have some fun, I'll see you tomorrow I gotta go run some errands. Love you", she says blowing kisses. I act like I caught them and we hang up.

Niya partially right, I do things. Let me stop lying no I don't. I charge my phone up and put it on the nightstand. I walk downstairs only to be greeted by my mom mean mugging me.

"Hey momma.", I say smiling. I hug her and her body is still stiff.

"Mhm don't hey momma me. Why didn't you do them dishes?", she asks me pointing to the sink. I let out a breath cause I forgot about them damn plates in the sink. "Don't think you going no where. No dishes clean, no food or fun."

She walks away and I look around the kitchen. I am not washing them dishes. My little brother walk in the kitchen and I smile. I pull a twenty out of my shorts pocket and he looks at it. I hand it to him and as soon as he reaches for it I pull it back.

"You willing to work for it?", I ask him. He puts his tablet down and nods. "Wash the dishes for me"

"No! I'm telling momma cause you supposed to do them!", he yells. I shrug and put the money back in my pocket.

"Hm you won't have no money towards them new Jordan's you want.", I mumble walking out of the kitchen. I walk towards the stairs and I feel a hand pull my arm. I turn around and there he is.

"Just give me the money. I'll do them.", he says giving in. I smirk and hand him the twenty. All you gotta do is bribe him. I walk back up to my room avoiding my mom talking on the phone in her room.

I search through my closet looking for something nice to wear. I don't know who we going to see but Tre wanted me to go with him. I pull out an all white polo long sleeve shirt, a pair of Dark blue jeans that's ripped with a matching jacket that Reps the New York Giants. I pull out my white polo low tops and my polo hat.