T H I R T Y- N I N E

C A R M E L O

I watch as Niya walks out of the door surprised to see me. She looks so shocked.

"Carmelo?", she asks quietly.

I smack my lips and fold my arms. "You forgot about me? What happened to my baby momma that got four kids with me and one on the way? Girl you better give me a hug."

Niya smiles big and speed walks up to me. I embrace her into a big hug. I missed my little homie. She always cooked for me and shit. I seen the big headlines on the news and had to come see her. We pull away and I look her over. She still looks the same, except her hair is a little longer and she has gotten a little smaller.

"Miss me?", I ask her while leaning on my car.

"Of course I did!", she semi yells. "I thought about y'all everyday. I should be asking you that."

"Duh. I missed yo cooking too. A nigga been eating at restaurants and shit.", I complain. She giggles and shakes her head.

"Well maybe I can make you some food sometimes. How is everyone else.", she asks.

"Maybe you should go see for yourself. They miss you a lot.. especially Juno. He feel some type of way that you didn't call him back. These past months Juno been really fucked up. He still blames his self for everything that happened". Juno don't know she back into the states but I lie just for she can hurry and see him. I had Angela to say he called just because I hate to see him hurt like that. Niya avoids eye contact and looks down at the ground.

"It's not his fault.", She mumbles. She starts kicking rocks and I look down at the ground.

"Niya he won't know that unless you tell him. He misses you."

"Carmelo I promise after I get myself situated I will explain everything. I'll make time for you guys.", she promised.

I start laughing and she looks confused. "You don't have to promise me. I just don't like seeing my Nigga that way."

"I know it's hard.. but what about you? You get a life yet?", she asks being funny. I fake laugh and she rolls her eyes smiling.

"I made a little change.", I say looking around her neighborhood.

"What a baby?", she asks being sarcastic. I look over at her and her mouth drops. "Really! With who? Is the baby here yet?", she rambles.

"Nah ... he ain't here yet. I fucked up and had a baby by Dasia. We were messing before I knew she was with Juno.", I admit feeling bad. Even though we squashed all that drama I still feel bad.

Niya looks over and shrugs. "Things happen C. Don't dwell on the past. The only thing you have to do is be a daddy. You'll be okay.",

Thinking about all the shit I said that night about Aniya... I was dead wrong. She's the best fucking friend you can have. I feel so bad for her and a nigga ain't never felt like this for a girl. She just so young and got all this shit that then happened to her.

"Yeah I guess you right. I just came by to see my baby mom. ", I hug her once again and she hugs back.

"Well thanks for seeing me baby daddy. I'll talk to you later.", Aniya replies. I watch her get back in the house. She still got that ass too I see.