T W E L V E

J U N O

I speed down the high way trying to avoid the gun shots that rang behind me. Meeting with the connect went good until one of the niggas got smart and I punched his ass in the face.

I swerve past a car that's driving to slow. I pull my phone out and call King. He answers on the first ring.

"Where the fuck are you?", he barks through the phone.

"I'm tryna lose this car man! He shooting at me and shit.", I reply while keeping my eyes on the road.

"Where are you at?", he asks sounding like he moving around.

I look at my surroundings and search for a sign. "Joad Street and west 35th. I'm turning down an alley.", I tell him Once I turn a sharp turn.

"Ight we on 32nd . I'll have LJ cut him off.", He hangs up and I dodge a trash can in the middle of the street. I speed past a one way street and LJ rams into the nigga that's chasing me.

I stop my car and get out. My car only got a few scratches and I hate that shit. LJ gets out and pulls the dude out of the car. He's not breathing and King throws a lighter in his car. LJ sits the man far away from the car and we go our separate ways.

In this game I've never killed anyone. I've shot a lot of niggas and I hope that's all I have to do. It hurts to see people getting killed and it hurts my heart. They were parents, kids and sometimes grandparents that turned bad. It's not like we kill often but lately it's been happening. I look at the time on the radio and it's reads 5:24.

"Shit!", I hurry and pull my phone out calling Aniya. She answers on the third ring.

"Heyy Juno.", she answers brightly. Hearing her voice made my day a little better.

"Aye lil mama you ready? Sorry I had more business to handle than expected.", I explain to her.

"Yeah I'm ready."

"Ight I'll be there in a minute.", with that I hang up and speed to her house. I really need to stop driving so damn fast.

I sit on the side of her house parking my car. I take an Advil for a headache that I feel coming on. No matter how bad my day was going I was not gonna reschedule a date with Aniya. What I really wanted to know was what we needed to talk about. She comes outside looking beautiful as usual. She has on a pink sundress and I can just tell her ass looking right.

"Hey Juno.", she leans over and hugs me. I can smell Peaches and Oatmeal.

"You smell sooo good Niya.", I compliment. She blushes a little and puts her seatbelt on when we get in the car.

I pull off and start asking her what she wanted to talk about.

"Oh Yeah. You know that girl you were arguing with when you got Arianna's hair done? Brae?", she asks. I clench my jaw thinking about that hoe.

"Yeah, why?",

"Well yesterday she came into the shop talking about my court date. She also said you told her about it and that she was your girl and baby momma.", she tells me. I look at her and get mad instantly.