T H I R T Y- T W O

C A R M E L O

"Carmelo I'm pregnant.",Dasia tells me. I sit on the edge of her bed and continue to put my shirt back on. I stand up and look at her.

"You lying right?", I ask her. Dasia scoffs and puts her hands on her hips.

"What do you mean? I didn't get pregnant by myself. Besides I didn't plan to get pregnant anyway.", She replies staring a hole in my face.

"Shit I don't know that.", I answer picking up my shoes. "Plus I don't even know if it's mine"

"Really? I can't believe you.", she whines.

"No I can't believe yo ass. How you expect me to be happy when you gave yo self up to me easy as hell. If you give it up that easy to me and I'm yo mans friend.. then who else can get it?", I ask her honestly. Dasia puts her oversized shirt back on and follows me out of her room.

"Just know you can't get anymore of this until you believe me. You are the father of this baby.", she states. I shrug and laugh.

"You think imma lie for some pussy?", I ask her. "You must be crazy hoe."

Dasia gasps and hits me upside my head. I ignore it and go to walk outside. I shut the door back when I see Juno pulling up.

"I knew you would change your mind.", she says grinning. She goes to kiss me but I push her back.

"Juno outside Dasia. You gonna stall him so I can leave.", I explain to her while quickly going into the closet.

Dasia frantically fixes her hair and tries to get a serious face. A nigga ain't scared of Juno or anything like that. It's just what me and Dasia doing is mad wrong. Everything that happened between us happened before I even knew Juno knew her.

Flashback

"So you broke up with Niya.. for a girl you knew before?", I ask him trying to understand.

Juno sits on the hood of his car and chews on a piece of gum. "Niya always gone be my lil mama. We just moving to fast and we need to fasten the seat belts.",he says.

LJ laughs at his example and so do I. "So that mean she up for grabs?", I ask him. LJ smacks his lips and Juno flicks him off.

"Didn't I just say we are taking a break?.. Try some shit and I'm breaking yo damn neck.", he threatens serious as hell. I back off and he looks calm now. "Anyways I feel like we left on good terms."

"But you told her that you didn't want to fuck with her anymore. Don't you think she's confused?", LJ asks him while twisting one of his balky dreads. I just wish he would get them cut off if he ain't gone get them done. "Stop talking about my hair in yo head.", he directed towards me.

"I'll explain it to her. Plus when y'all meet Dasia y'all gone like her.", Juno says nodding his head.

"Nah I like Aniya better .", LJ says being a bitter bitch. Juno ignores his comment and smiles when a ruby red Honda pulls up.

Juno hops down from his car hood and walks over to the car parked behind his. LJ takes his previous seat and gets on his phone. I look hard at the girl and when she sees me she gets pale. I look up at LJ and he ain't paying no attention.