S E V E N

A N G E L A

I take this day off just to get in Aniya's ass. She has went to damn far with this Daria shit. Yeah I can't stand the lil hoe either, but that still doesn't make it right about what she did.

Tremaine walks downstairs ready for school. He looks surprised to see me and I smile at him. He leans down and kisses my cheek before sitting down making his protein shake.

"Dang mom it's been a while since I've seen you in pajamas.", he says. I shrug my shoulders and sip my coffee.

"Have you seen your sister this morning?", I ask him getting straight to the point.

He clears his throat and shakes his head no. "She won't answer her room door for me."

"How's Daria? Still got her mind made up?", I ask

"Yeah she ain't changed her mind yet. I tried to talk her out of it. ", he explains while shaking the bottle up.

"Mhm maybe it's best for Niya. She can't go around thinking she can get away with everything.", I tell him.

"Ma Niya don't get in trouble. She hardly gets into fights.", he says taking her side. I give him a look and he nods his head letting me know it's the truth.

The stairs creek and I know it's her. She walks in with a burgundy dress, blue jean jacket, black scarf and black combat boots. She has her makeup all done and her hair in a bun.

"Nu uh missy get your ass back in here.", I call her before she walks out of the door. She walks back and sits down looking at me. "You can lose the attitude lil girl"

"Imma be late to class.", she says. Tremaine whistles knowing she fucked up. I give her a look and pray that I don't end up killing her ass.

"You know what since you care so much about class let me hurry up. What you did last night was fucked up Aniya. Just because you don't like Daria doesn't mean you have to burn someone.",

"Well did you know she spit in the food? No because Tre didn't tell you that did he?", she asks Looking at Tre.

"Neither did you Aniya! So guess what Daria is pressing charges against yo dumb ass.", she shrugs her shoulder and fold her arms. "Since you don't care just know I can't help you. But because I'm a lawyer doesn't mean I can bail your ass out!",

"Of course you can't mom! Your never even here! I have to take are of two damn kids that are not mine! I'm 17 years old when am I gonna live huh? I'm not the one that laid up at 16 and had them right? But since it'sTre's girl everything is all coo right?" , I lean up and wanna yank her by her hair. Tre looks at me and I keep my composure.

"I have no damn favorites. I love y'all both equally. Tre has a career on hi-"

"So I don't have my cosmetology degree huh? I'm not going to U.K. In the fall right? Tre is your favorite and everyone knows that!", she yells.

"Tone yo voice down little girl. I will beat yo ass even if you 17 or not. Don't fucking try me Aniya. Nobody is leaving responsibilities on you. Tre needs help like everyone else. He's a single parent Aniya. You don't know what that feels likes.", I try to explain.