T H I R T Y- T H R E E

D A R I A

I walk around the Coach outlet and look at the purses. I feel like someone is watching me. I'm always paranoid and scared.

"Calm down Daria.. You do this all the time.. and you get away", I pep talk myself. I pull the tool out of my purse that unlocks the security code off of the item.

I get it off and feel a extra layer of worry come over me. I walk into the dressing rooms they have and bump into a little girl.

"I'm sorry, excuse me.", I rush out. The little girl just smiles and continues standing in front of the dressing room doors. I pick up a shirt that is two sizes to small off a rack , just for I have legit reason to go into the dressing room. A white lady comes out of the dressing room with an Coach outfit on.

"Does this look okay?", she asks her daughter. The little girl shakes her head no and she sighs. "I'm not taking your judgement. Excuse me ma'am does this fit okay?", she asks me. She does a spin and I nod.

"Yeah it looks okay.", I agree telling the truth . She smiles and sticks her tongue out at her daughter and I smile at the sight. I haven't seen my kids since the day before Niya disappeared. Honestly I'm too scared of what Angela and Tre will do too me.

I walk into the dressing room and lock the door. I transfer all the items out of my old cross body into the new Aqua Blue Coach one. I fold the cross body up and tuck it in the purse. I wait a few minutes before leaving out of the dressing room. I hang the shirt back on the rack and walk out of the store.

"Mission accomplished.", I get to my car and start it up. I get on the highway and preceded to drive back home.

"Mission accomplished?", I Jump in my seat and pull my car over almost causing a wreck. I look back and see a Mexican looking man in my back seat.

"Who the hell are you? Get out of my car!", I yell. He pulls out his badge and shows it's to me. He climbs in the front seat and pick up my new hand bag. I grab for it and he pulls it away.

"Detective Belvins, Daria Duncan right?", he asks.

"Obviously you know who I am. What do you want I didn't do anything wrong.", I lie. He chuckles and smiles at me.

"That's right you didn't do anything wrong... in your mind. , he says in a thick accent. "But in the court of law you have at least three charges on you... including being an assets to kidnap.", he says.

I look over at him and keep my cool demeanor. On the inside I am shitting out hot bricks. "What do you want?", I ask him.

"Where's Aniya?", he asks me.

"I don't know what you're talking about. ", I reply.

"Let me just call this in.", he says pulling out his walkie talkie.

"Okay wait! ", I yell. He looks at me and motions for me to talk. "All I know is that Keyon wanted her gone. He originally planned to kill her, but he's doesn't have the heart to. He set things up to ship her off somewhere. I stopped working with him after he hurt me.", I half explain to him.

"Why would you want to ship Aniya off?", he asks me. I look at the traffic ahead and think of something. "Daria you are thinking of a lie. Think about those kids you have. They love Aniya and think about them having to attend her funeral.", he says.