F O R T Y - F O U R

J O R D A N

I sit on the roof looking at the stars up in the night sky with Niya. Sparking up a big blunt I inhale and enjoy the feeling. Niya looks over at me and smiles a little. "What? You scared?"

"Of What?", she asks cockily. "I'm not scared of nothing"

I chuckle. "We all scared of something"

I feel her look over at me so I take another drag. "What are you scared of?", she asks me lowly. I watch my neighbor turn her light off and shrug a little. "You know you can tell me right?"

"I'm scared of losing someone else", I answer truthfully. Silence fills within us and I look at her. She's looking down fiddling with her fingers. "The first person I've ever lost was Brianna. She was everything to me. I mean she's my first born and a nigga took her from me. That's why when I catch his ass he gone. That's on my life. Then I lost you for a while and I couldn't take it". She listens and wipes her eyes a little. "What you scared of?"

"Of getting raped and taken again", she admits. "Well I'm scared of someone I'm close to going though it. It's horrible and it haunts you. Being away for so long and you can't get away. Having no hope and strength... it hurts real bad in more than one way"

I pass her the blunt testing her. She looks up at me and back down at the blunt. "You've never did it before?"

"No.... but it doesn't hurt to try", she says. She reaches for it and I snatch it back.

"Fuck you thought? You ain't smoking shit. Try that shit again and imma cut yo hand off", I scold. She a good girl and she don't need no smoking habits. Aniya looks at me and nods her head. "I love you"

She looks at me and blushes. "I love you too"

••

"ANIYA!", I yell from the bottom of the stairs. I button my suit jacket up and she still ain't ready. I hear my bedroom door close and she comes down. Damn lil mama look great as hell. The tight fitting dark peach colored dress is fitting good as hell. It's knee length, a lace see through part around the waist and her tattoo is exposed a little bit. The gold jewelry, gold red bottom heels, and the tight donut bun makes her light makeup look good. I bite down on my bottom lip and she smiles at me.

"Baby awe look at you. Let me take a picture of you", She coos. She pulls her iPhone seven plus out and I pose for a picture. "Please smile". I roll my eyes playfully and smile big for her. She likes the picture and makes me take a picture with her in the bathroom mirror. I gotta admit the picture came out okay.

"Pick a car ", I tell her. She looks at me and walks around my garage. She doing that and I take the time to look at that ass. Niya points to the Camaro and I toss her her keys. "This a one time thang so enjoy drivin' my shit of the day"

She smiles and we get in. Next thing I know her damn big ass hand bag in my lap. She digs through it and finds her lipstick and starts reapplying it. Pulling off she drives carefully down the street. You can tell she hasn't drove in a little while. After a while she gets the hang of it and we get to the church in no time. The whole time we laughed the whole way and I snuck some videos of her for snap. The church parking lot is so packed it took us a while to get a parking spot. Once we do we get out and hold hands. We sit in the middle of the church and I spot Calvin at the alter. I wave my hand at him and he waves back.