T H R E E

T R E M A I N E

I walk into the house letting the cool air calm my body. Practice was long and sweaty today. I didn't see any recruiters today. I'm top three in the district due to basketball. That's how I met Daria dumb ass. I love my kids to death I just wish I would have waited to have kids. But they here and they got a dumb ass momma.

"DADDY!", they both run up to me with ice cream and other ingredients spread across they faces.

"What up babies? What y'all eating?", jr wiggle down leaving Tiana on my hip. I drop my bag by the door and follow him into the kitchen. Niya sitting at the table eating a banana split and doing homework.

"Damn it smell good in here. Mom cook this?", I ask lifting pots.

"No... I did.", she responds.

She made mashed potatoes, cheese au grain rice and regular and hot wings. Of course a nigga put all the hot wings on his plate. I said my blessing and the first bite was like heaven.

"Damn sis...", she started giggling at my face. "You did a good ass job"

"Thanks. Well good night I got school in the morning. There's some left over cake in the refrigerator too. They already had they baths.", she walks out and I look at my two kids.

"Daddy sorry he wasn't at the party yesterday.", Jr shrugs and holds up a toy I bought him.

"I like my toy!", he doesn't care about the party and only cares about the toys.

"Good.", I eat all the food and get a little piece of cake. I put the twins to bed and wash the dishes. I take a shower and check the house one more time. Mom always working late and never home. I check on the kids and Niya. I'm glad she broke up with that dumb ass nigga.

He a soon to be drop out and dumb as hell. I knew they wouldn't last long and I'm happy. All I know is that if he would have hurt her I would have hurt his ass worst.

"Daddy", I turn around and see Tiana standing in the doorway.

"Why you out of bed baby girl?", I sit up and she runs to me crying. I pick her up and rub her back.

"Monster daddy monsters!", she continues to cry and I lay down with her on my chest. She has a fear of monsters or anything scary. Tiana cries her self to sleep and I drift off to sleep.

K E Y O N

"Three hundred!", Derek kicks the table down and the rest of us jump out of the way.

"Yeah that's all they wanted", I tell him again for the third time.

He paces back and forth across the room. He stops and points at me.

"Bait. We need a bait and it's gonna be you. Everyone else out!", they all scatter like roaches. I sit down not wanting to be no damn bait.

"Why me?", I ask.

"Listen here Key. You one of my best workers. Them niggas that work for King only want one thing and it's not my product. Work with them and see what they be doing.",

"I can't be no bait man.", I explain.

"Then who will be huh? A bum, a hoe an ex gir-"