F O U R T E E N

J U N O

I wake up to Niya annoying ass alarm clock. She turns it off and lays back down. I look at my phone getting blind by the light and see its 6:00. I get up and brush my teeth. I put on a shirt and some socks and Shoes. I'll get in the shower and all that when I get back.

"Niya", I call out to her. Her body is rising and falling. I pull the cover back and see her sleeping. She sleeps so peacefully and her skin so smooth. "Niyaa", I shake her and she opens her eyes.

"Just a few more minutes. ", she says closing her eyes again. I shake my head and start playing with my hair. Falling asleep after turning yo alarm clock off is a disaster waiting to happen. Imma give her little ass ten more minutes.

Ten minutes go by and Key knocks on the door. I let him in and he sees Aniya and claps.

"Damn you got the ass. How did you do it?", he ask being serious.

"We didn't fuck dumb ass. People can't be friends and sleep in the same bed?", I ask already annoyed by him.

"No", he replies walking in. He sits on my bed and I push him off. "So she can sleep and I can't even sit in yo bed?", he asks.

"She's different. Niya it's been ten minutes get up.", she moans and finally gets up. She looks and frowns at Keyon. She really can't stand his ass.

Fifteen minutes later she comes out of the bathroom with her hair in a bun and her makeup done.

"You still ain't dressed?", I ask not believing what I see. Keyon shakes his head and Niya gets her over Night bag.

"No! Beauty takes time honey.", she pulls out a bundle of clothes and goes back into the bathroom. I start playing in my hair again getting sleepy. Ten minutes later Niya comes out in a pair of ripped blue jeans, a yellow off the shoulder shirt and a pair of Yellow high top converse. "I'm ready now!", she says coming up to mess in my hair.

Keyon looks at us and smacks his lips. We ain't even together and he buggin' already. "Let's go before he have a heart attack.", I say getting up. Niya grabs her bag and walks out of the room.

We get in the car after locking the crib up and I drive off. It's only 7:10 and they school don't start until eight.

"Why y'all get up so early?", I ask them.

"Well I get up early because I like to watch the basketball players practice. It's also the only time I get to see my old friends.", Niya tells me.

"What about you?", I also looking at Key through the rear view mirror.

"To see the bitches that walk through. ", I chuckle and Aniya rolls her eyes. That's a problem we gone have to fix with her.

"You ain't even got no books. How you gone go to school?", I ask Niya.

"It's all in my locker.", she tells me. I nod and guess that's where she's gonna put her bag too.

"Y'all hungry? We got enough time wanna stop at McDonald's?", I ask them.

Key was the first to say yeah. We got through the drive thru and Niya want a steak, egg and cheese bagel. Key orders A pancake platter. I just get a hash brown and Niya goes to hand me money.