Part 40

"The law passes if, after 24 hours, it has a simple majority of "Yes" votes. After passing the law, a new war will be opened with Zahee. We will have 24 hours to attack, before we lose initiative,allowing the other country to attack." Ryan explained.

Luckily it wasn't a problem to get a majority of yes votes from all the leaders of the races on Frixon. In fact is that most of them wanted to start a war long ago. Since Razzardus took over Leandre most of them had been separated from their family for years, being afraid of running into copiers. A formal declaration of war was issued in my absence, where every leader had to state whether they agree and with which party they will stand. Luckily all Frixon's people are willing to stand with us as well as almost half of Zahee. Razzardus was quiet throughout the whole gathering.

"Then when is the attack to happen?" I asked formally

"Tomorrow at the break of dawn. It has already been determined that every warrior that is willing to fight should be gathered at the bottom of the forbidden mountain. We shall both address the brave soldiers before war is to commence." Ryan replied.

"Do you think we have a chance?" I asked hopeful

"Our army is much larger than his. We will win the war, if we can defeat Razzardus." he replied honestly.

This was the day I've been waiting for. The day I've been training for since we arrived. The moment where the fate of my people will be decided once and for all. I looked back at everything that has happened throughout this whole adventure. All the happiness, all the sadness, and I just hoped that it wasn't all in vain.

"We will get through this." Ryan said trying to convince us both. The fact is that there was no reason to think that. Razzardus has a head guard with an incredible power, a army of evil warriors and who knows how many children that would have enormous powers. Not to mention Razzardus himself that has a power large enough as to not feel threatened by my power at all.

Despite all my worries I replied in confirmation to his words "Together we will get through this"

The old General, Xander, Gordon and Adrian were at the front of the line when the soldiers from the castle gathered the next morning. The atmosphere was one of fear and excitement as the guards tried to build up each others spirits. It sounds crazy, but it reminded me of the last basketball game that Zanne and I attended. The only difference is that today if we lost, we will lose a lot more than a trophy.

"Attention!" The General cried out. Immediately the guards got quiet and stood straight, paying close attention to what the General was going to say.

"As you all know, guards have been appointed to stay at the castle to protect the women and children, that are going to be staying in the dungeons for protection, from harm. Those soldiers are to report to their appointed stations immediately." The General said firmly

We were all standing just outside the castle when the announcement was made. Zanne has already been taken to the dungeons for safety. I say taken because after half an hour of crying and complaining we had no other choice than to have her escorted to the other females. It was hard to leave her behind when she has been with me since the beginning, but I couldn't risk her or the baby getting hurt. Besides this is my battle, not hers.

Almost half of the guards left at this announcement. Protecting Zanne was at the top of my priority list. She had to be taken care of.

As we neared the battle field emotions were sky-rocketing. We came to a halt once we reached the army that has gathered to fight for my land. Hundreds of thousands of warriors here to take back the land from the evil force that engulfed it. It was time.

Ryan stepped forward as well as 3 elves with the ability to read thoughts. As Ryan thought the thoughts were projecting from the elves towards the still growing army.

"Brave soldiers. 22 years ago something tragic happened. Our world was turned upside down with the loss of beloved friends and respected royalty. An evil force awoke with the goal to take the land that we hold dear. Half of Leandre was lost that day. Covered in dark shadows that awoke fear in us for what could possibly lie in their mystical debts.

You have all gathered here to fight. You have come from near and far to fight for a land that has been taken away from us by the most evil of beings. One that has taken us away from our family and friends, one that has taken away our peace.

The sun gods and moon goddesses saw our distress however and sent us back a royal to help us on our quest to return our world to the way it's meant to be. Princess Reyna Zahee will lead us to a victory that will be remembered through the ages. A victory blessed by the sun gods and moon goddesses themselves!

Today! Today is the day we say 'enough is enough'. Today is the day we stand up and take back all that Razzardus has taken from us. Today is the day that we destroy Razzardus!" Ryan yelled in determination causing cheers to erupt from the crowd

Even I felt more confident in myself after that speech. Next it was my turn. I didn't have time to write a speech so I decided to just speak from the heart and hope that it will somehow inspire these warriors in the battle that was about to commence.

"I never knew about Leandre, I never knew that my parents were royal and I certainly didn't know that I was the rightful queen to a faraway land. It was under grim circumstances that these facts where brought under my attention. When I arrived in Leandre and I saw my land for the first time my heart stopped. It was unbearable to believe that the beautiful place I saw before me was being overrun with such a menacing atmosphere.

I trained day and night since that moment. Promising myself that I would fulfil the wish of my parents, Queen Arabella and King Alex, and take back my country. Even if it cost me my life. On my journey up to this point I have made friends, I have made enemies, I have seen joy and I have seen sorrow. But most importantly I found love." I said glancing towards Ryan

"With this love however came a hatred. A hatred that started eating away at me towards the person who is threatening to take it all away. But today I stand before you with a promise. Razzardus has tortured, enslaved and killed the last person on Leandre." I continued getting an applause from the warriors

"My father always used to say 'Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose'. Yesterday might be filled with pain and sorrow. It might be filled with despair and regret. But today we are going to wash away the pain that has been inflicted for so long with the blood of the person responsible! Not for me, Not for King Ryan. But for every single citizen that was put through a life of misery. For Leandre!" I yelled bumping my fist in the air.

"For Leandre!" voices echoed throughout the forest that surrounded us.

We marched over the hill to find copiers and warriors standing ready for attack. There was growling, yelling and even screeching that echoed all around, from both sides of the army as Ryan gave the signal.

"Attack!" The General screamed

It happened in slow motion. Our armies charging towards theirs in a fury tangible around us. Ryan as well as I were in the air, sending attacks from above to minimise the oncoming threat while people on the ground were being slaughtered. Our army far outmatched their own and we were cutting through their forces like a warm blade through butter.

A smile started on my face as I realized this. Until I saw IT. The ogre. Razzardus's head guard. It was cowering over the trees. I tried to sense it's power but I was confused. Ryan clearly said that the ogre was at a PL of at least 100, but this thing was barely 20. Was it a trap? Did Razzardus want us to see the ogre as a diversion?

'Now' I yelled to Ryan as I froze the Ogre where he stood. Ryan went flying downwards at his top speed and, using his power, he hit the ogre causing it to break into thousands of pieces of ice.

'What's going on? I thought the ogre was strong?' I asked Ryan confused. What was the power Razzardus had been hiding from us then?

'I don't know, but I think we're about to find out.' Ryan said looking in front of him.

I looked the same direction only to see Razzardus standing there in the air with arms crrossed and a smirk on his face.

He suddenly turned around and flew up the mountain. The final battle, I thought as Ryan and I followed him. May God be with us.