Part 45

The rain stopped as I fell down beside him.

'Please Ryan, please don't leave me' I cried out into his shirt. My heart was aching from the indescribable pain that was consuming me.

'I love you' I begged him. I closed my eyes and pressed my face in his shirt, crying.

As I lay there holding him I could see a bright light, even through my closed eyes, starting under me. I slowly opened my eyes to see where the light suddenly came from. Everywhere my tears fell on Ryan, his body started to glow. Orbs danced around his body and I watched in awe as the wound Razzardus caused with his tail started to heal.

"Ryan?" I cried out as I looked into his face. My heart started to flutter as I saw his eyelids do the same. Slowly his eyes opened. His beautiful blue eyes that I thought I'd never see again.

"Ryan?" I asked again. Wanting to hear his voice and assure myself that this wasn't a dream.

'Rey?' he asked back into my head. Hearing him inside my head made me break out into a whole new crying fit as I grabbed him and held him as close to me as I could get.

"What's going on? What's wrong Rey?" he asked confused. A chuckle escaped my lips as I heard his words. He was dead 2 seconds ago and he asks me what's wrong.

"Rey, answer me!" he said starting to panic. I tried to swallow the smile to answer him, but that just caused the tears to flow once again.

"Y... ou... wer...were d...dead, and I... I couldn't h... hel... help you" I cried out as best I could between the sobs.

His eyes lit up as he remembered the days events. He sat up straight and pulled me into his lap, gently caressing my hair.

"I'm so so sorry, Rey. I'm here now. Everything is going to be okay, I promise." he soothed

"B... but I... I saw you... d...die..." I cried out once again.

"I'm here Rey. I'm here" he soothed rocking me in his arms. I sat there in his arms forever, just crying on him and holding him close to me. When I finally pushed away and looked into his eyes I had to stop myself from crying again.

"I love you, forever and always" he said as he gently wiped the tear stains off of my cheeks.

"Forever and always" I replied as his lips captured mine in his own

6 Years later

"And so Queen Reyna and King Ryan lived happily ever after." I told the story to the 3 young ones that lay on the big Christmas bed in front of the fireplace.

"Did my mummy really kill a dragon?" 4 year old little Princess Rea asked with big eyes

"No stupid! It's just a fairy tale, fairy tales aren't real!" 5 year old Prince Xander told her. He always thought he knew best since he was a whole year and a half older.

"Lafras! Your evil twin said I was stupid again!" Princess Rea called. Prince Lafras and Prince Xander, Zanne was shocked to discover, were her twin boys.

Prince Xander would always be the one taunting and teasing Princess Rea, since she followed the boys around all day to prove that she could do anything they could. Prince Lafras however, was always there to be her knight in shining armour and protect her from his brother.

Immediately Prince Lafras was by her side. "Don't call her stupid, stupid" he told his brother

"What you going to do about it?" Prince Xander said standing up straight. He was never willing to back down from a fight.

"Now, now boys. Settle down." My words didn't help and so I calmed them down with force. Using my emotion control power. I know it's unfair, but it sure makes parenting a whole lot easier.

They immediately relaxed, and without knowing that it was due to me, they went off to go play one of their games.

I pressed on the side of the couch to help me get up, but it was impossible. "Xander!" I yelled. I've been calling him by the hour. It's not easy to get up from anywhere if you look like a truck.

In two weeks another baby will be added to our little family. "I got it!" I heard another voice yell towards Xander.

Rey came walking in with a big smile. "Mummy having troubles again?" she asked as she took my hand to help me up.

Rey and I were as close as ever, even though we live on opposite sides of Leandre. After the war, a problem popped up. Since Ryan and Rey were soul mates, they got control of the whole of Leandre. Rey, whose people adored her from the start, didn't protest when she wanted to take the throne. The only problem is, with a whole world to rule and a baby to take care of, it wasn't an easy task. And so they decided to divide Leandre once again.

They held a ritual to determine who the sun gods and moon goddesses would accept as royalty and Xander was chosen. That's how I ended up as the Queen of half of Leandre.

We never heard from Zorgan again after that day. We weren't even sure if he was still alive. I use the term 'alive' loosely. But why worry about something before it happens right?

"Well, you try walking around looking like an elephant" I said with a huff

"No thanks, one time is more than enough for me." she said as we walked outside and looked at the children playing on the grass.

"Mummy!" Princess Rea called out in pleasure as she rushed to her mothers side.

"Hey baby girl" Rey replied swinging her in the air and placing a kiss on her rosy red cheek.

"Mum! Aunt Zanne told us a story about a dragon, and about you, and about daddy!" she pointed on her fingers "Did you really kill a dragon all by yourself mummy?" she asked in awe

"Nope" Rey replied. "Me and your Daddy did it together." Rey said. This caused a big smile to spread all over her face.

"See! I told you fairy tales can be real!" Princess Rea told the boys while sticking out her tongue as they came running towards us.

"Is not!" Prince Xander immediately protested

"Is too!" Princess Rea said back

"Is not!" Prince Xander said

I was getting a headache. Those two can go on forever about the simplest of things.

"So if I told you that your dad fought against hundreds of people in that same war, and your mum was the one who stopped me when I almost destroyed the whole forest, then it's also just a fairy tale?" Rey asked Prince Xander

He didn't answer as he looked shocked to his mum.

"Is that true? Did you and dad really do all that?" Prince Lafras asked in awe, pressing his brother out of the way to get to us

"Of course they did!" Rey answered for me.

"And what happened then?" Rea asked excited

"Then we had you guys" I answered "And ruled the Kingdom."

"Is that all? Didn't you go after Zorgan or defeat more dragons?" Prince Xander asked disappointed

"No. This is where our story ends. A dragon was slain and I met my Prince charming and had a beautiful baby girl. But maybe one day you can live your own fairy tale. What do you think of that idea?" Rey asked Princes Rea.

"I guess, but in my fairy tale....." Princess Rea started on her own adventure.

But that is a story for another day.

And that's my first story ever written. Thank you all for your support during this whole experience, I really had a blast writing it. I would love any votes or comments you have. I promise to do my best to answer each and every one of them.

<3 Rizca