Part 21

The salesman scrambled around the kitchen trying to get a hold of my chicken. I looked back at the crowd seeing glares from men and approval from women. I looked to where Zanne was and saw her hitting Xander with that same purse he got her earlier causing me to chuckle. He is going to have his hands full with that one.

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked to where it came from to see a man standing there with a disapproving frown on his face.

"I hereby place you under arrest for the use of a power in a hurtful way towards another." He said holding a rope to bind my hands with "You are ordered to follow me to the castle dungeons where you will be sentenced for your crime. You have the right to plead your case at that time but not before that. "He continued

Just as I was about to object I realized what he said. I was going to be placed inside the castle. Sure it was in the dungeon but as far as I could tell from Xanders tales the most guards were situated outside the castle. If we could just break out of the cells we would be home free! I looked towards Zanne. She had stopped hitting Xander with her purse and had started making her way towards me.

"Hit Xander with your purse!" I yelled to her in my mind, she looked confused at first and then a smile crossed her face as she went back to continue hitting the unsuspecting Xander. He looked confused as to why she would stop hitting him walk away and then come back only to hit him further. I stifled a laugh and put a glare on my face

"Oh is that so?" I asked the police officer or whatever he was called in Leandre causing him to back a step away from me "So it is against the law to use powers against another in the harmful way but if you attack him with another object or push someone to the ground then its okay?" I asked pretending to be outraged

"Well, no..." the officer said unsure of how to respond.

"That man," I said pointing towards Xander "pushed me to the ground without any possible reason, and that woman is hitting him with her purse." I said pointing towards Zanne

The police officer looked to where I was pointing before turning to the ground. "Is that so?" he asked to no one in particular. The women all nodded their heads to support my story and the men, not sure about what would happen to them stayed silent.

"So," I continued "I refuse to be taken to the dungeons if they aren't taken in as well." I said stomping my foot for emphasis with my arms crossed over my chest.

"And you will come without objection then?" he asked me, his voice laced with uncertainty

"Of course!" I said putting on a shocked face. "I am a law abiding citizen! If it wasn't for that man" I said pointing to Xander once again "I would not have been in this situation. I'm not afraid of any punishment because I know it was only self defence."

To show my sincerity I turned around putting my hands behind my back for him to tie me up. Zanne put up a few fake objections and Xander a few real ones, still not knowing about the plan.

We were all tied up in a row to a horse the police officer was riding on the way to the castle. I knew I should be happy getting into the castle but I really, really wanted a chicken.

We were walking for about two minutes when I saw it. The castle. It was probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It was standing on a cliff, the sea surrounding it stretching high up in the sky with about 5 stories. The grey brown colour of the bricks and the mist from the water gave it a mysterious, magical feel. As we got closer I could see how big it really was. I gasped in awe; I swear if you walk around the castle it would take you half a day. The castle was protected with a high brick wall with guards on top keeping a close eye on us. I gulped thinking about how we would have possibly been able to get in there if I didn't want my chicken.