Part 6

A year passed. And nothing happened with the case of my parents. At least nothing the police thought was worth mentioning to me. I was getting edgy. We had a year before leaving on our search for Leandre' and even the place where the crash of my parents took place was a mystery. If it was even a crash that is.

So me and Zanne (who became more like my sister than just a friend this last year) decided to do a little investigating of our own. You would be surprised how far a little flirting or bribe money can get you into the police archives.

We searched for about 2 hours before I finally found something.

"I found it!" I whispered to Zanne who was in the row just across from me

"Finally. We only have an hour and then we have to be out of here." Zanne said nervously, "Quick see if you can see anything useful"

I opened the file. There were the names of my parents and a short description of the case as well as the names of the detectives on the first page but nothing I didn't already know. On the next page were pictures of the scene with the car and my parents being put on strollers to be taken to the hospital. It was the first time I saw my dad after the accident and even on the picture it looked gruesome. Blood was everywhere. It seemed like he had a big gash on his forehead and a mark that had similarities to an animal bite was on the side of his stomach where his shirt was ripped off. I felt myself get light headed at the sight.

"You okay Rey?" Zanne asked coming towards me and helping me stand "You look extremely pale." she said before looking at the pictures I was holding, probably realizing that it was the cause of my inability to stand on my own she pried the pictures out of my hand.

"I'll look okay?" she asked before continuing through the file. I took a seat on the steps that lead up to the exit taking deep breaths.

"Find anything?" I asked Zanne when I felt a little better.

"Not really. From the notes of the inspector it seems that the whole accident was a mystery. He says that some of the marks on your parents were animalistic which would have been a logical explanation if they weren't found sitting in their car. Also the marks found showed similarities to a wolf bite but it was much larger than even the biggest wolf recorded besides this area is known to not have animals like wolves or bears. Then there was the fact that bones were broken that caused your moms lungs to give in. It would have had to be an extremely large weight that caused something like that." she explained what she could gather from scanning the file.

Hearing everything that was wrong with my parents made vomit rise in my throat. Just to think about what they might have gone through made me want to cry. That feeling didn't last long though, another feeling was replacing it. The feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"We have to get out of here now!" I said to Zanne quickly getting up

Zanne rushed to put the file back where she found it before we started up the stairs. When we opened the door I saw that my bad feeling was once again accurate. There were about 5 security guards; one of them asking questions to the nerd Zanne flirted with in order to get the keys for the door leading into the police archives. It seems like he called the security when he figured out that he was played by Zanne, Zanne seemed to have made the same conclusion according to her next comment.

"Oh, you so aren't getting anything now buddy boy," Zanne said with almost a snarl in the nerds direction as cuffs was being put on her. If I wasn't so scared about going to jail for the rest of my life I probably would've laughed at the guys face. He looked scared enough to pee himself.

"How could you be so irresponsible? You're never going anywhere ever again. You're grounded until the end of time. I'm going to throw you in a boiling volcano"