Part 8

An awesome song called Mr. Know-it-all starts to play and me and Zanne start dancing as best we could in the car. The sun was starting to set causing a beautiful orange glow in the sky behind the trees. In Tendra, the place I've lived all my life, was basically woods with a couple of houses placed in between. When I was young my dad would usually take me camping every other weekend, he said it was 'our thing'. What I loved the most about the woods was the animals. Nothing dangerous was ever seen in these woods and the few animals that were seen were all as tame as house pets. It was pretty weird sometimes but it still made you feel welcome.

Suddenly I stop singing. I was having one of my feelings. Something bad was going to happen. And sure enough the car starts to make a weird wheezing sound and dies. And right next to the woods too, which didn't look as welcoming as I remembered from my childhood.

"Great, just great. Zanne, can you call Aunt Mary so we can get out of here. It's freezing in these skimpy cheerleading outfits. I told you these things were not nearly long enough for any decent person to wear. "I say trying to suppress the urge I have to run as far away from the woods as possible. Something bad is going to happen. I can feel it.

"I can't! There's no signal. And excuse me for trying to keep the audience's attention. I really doubt anyone would want to look at a bunch of nuns waving pom-poms around" she said with a huff

"Whatever. Just help me get my bag in the backseat. It's stuck." I ask her trying to pull my bag from behind me with my phone in. "Pull!" I yell and with a thump it comes loose causing me to fall against the dashboard and hit my head.

"Ouch! I think I just broke a nail." Ruzanne whines but at the moment I couldn't care less. I was getting extremely nervous in this place and all I cared about was getting home.

I roll my eyes putting my hand on my head where I bumped it. "I don't have any signal either. Wait stay here I'm going to climb out and see if I can get a bar or two." I tell her while opening the door

"No way are you going out there! There could be bears or something in that forest." she says

"Well do you have any bright ideas? Yeah I didn't think so." And with that I get out of the car.

I start walking, as far away from the forest as I can without getting in the road, trying to get a signal. 1 bar... As I was walking with the phone in the air I took a good look around. All I could see was trees, not unlike any other part of this road, but something seemed familiar. It was on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't remember where I've seen this place before. Remembering about the task at hand, I continued down the road. 2 bars...

I hear a shuffling noise behind me and spin around, already in the fighting pose I learned from karate class. Luckily it was just Zanne.

"Zanne! I told you to wait in the car" I said relaxing my pose

"And since when do I do what you..." she started to say but suddenly stops. Her face goes white as she looks at something behind me

"What Zanne? What is it?" I ask kind of freaking out. The bad feeling I had is now a raging panic.

The only answer I get is her finger slowly coming up and pointing behind me. I spin around. There was a wolf. But nothing about this wolf seemed normal. His eyes shone purple in the moon. His hair as black as night were a complete contrast to the sparkly white razor sharp fangs clearly on display as he growls at us. But none of this is what was strange. He was as large as our car with needle type thorns coming out of his back. We slowly back away.

He crouches slowly coming closer to us while baring his teeth. Then he lifts his head and almost like he's satisfied he gives us one last growl as a warning and starts running back into the forest.