Part 43

I hate that I'm such a sucker! I just can't keep the story to myself. I just love my wonderful readers too much! Enjoy!

< Rizca

We were having a stare down. Me and Ryan v. Razzardus.

I sensed his PL at 120 but I wasn't fooled. "Why don't you change?" I asked casually

"Change?" Razzardus pretended to be confused.

"We know that this isn't your true form Razzardus. And we all know that you won't be able to defeat us both in that form" Ryan said as he came to stand beside me.

Ryan filled me in on the events that took place in short. I couldn't believe that Zorgan called the dead in order to defeat us. Could Razzardus do that too? I was ready for a good fight since I was frozen most of the previous one. I still can't believe that Zorgan had the power to freeze time, to freeze me.

Razzardus's eyes were cold, calculating as he looked at us. "In my true form you won't stand a chance" he said plainly. Deciding to admit what we already knew.

I gave a short laugh "Try me" I said with a snarl

Ryan had a look of determination on his face as he looked to Razzardus, a look that promised a victory.

"You're going to regret those words!" he warned before flying to the air. My arm was still causing me pain and Ryan had a wound on his leg and was unable to fly. All of those facts were quickly forgotten as I watched in awe as Razzardus started his transformation.

His black and red wings started to lose it's feathers one by one. His skin started to glow. His bones started to crack. As the feathers fell to the ground between the drops of water, you could see his wings start to grow. It grew and grew until it was about twice the size of ours. It began glowing just like the rest of his skin as his skin changed. His whole body elongated, twisted and cracked as he transformed into a gigantic beast. The glowing stopped revealing the monster that he was. The monster that made me take a deep breath in panic.

It was a dragon! Scales of black and red covered it's large, frightening body. Even his wings showed an amazing power as he flapped to land in front of us. The force of the wind from his wings caused me to stumble backwards. There was a sharp rhino-like horn on his forehead as he turned I could see that there were more of them trailing down his back, getting smaller and sharper as it went down his long thick tail, that ended in a deathly sharp arrow.

I gulped as I looked at the large animal that now stood directly in front of me. His new appearance wasn't the only reason I was going pale. He had a PL almost 10 times the size of my own. A PL of at least 1000.

'Regretting your words yet?' I heard a gruff voice, mocking me, in my head. It felt wrong. To hear his voice inside my head made me feel dirty.

Even though I was nervous about this fight... okay, fine. I was scared out of my mind. I was not going to take back anything I said.

"Like I said before. Try me!" I shouted towards him

He did exactly as I asked. He opened his mouth, revealing razor sharp teeth the size of my hand, and blasted. Fire erupted from his mouth in a soaring flame, smoke making it's way out of the large nostrils of the beast. Fire so strong that even the pouring rain couldn't damper the flames. I wanted to get out of the way but I knew I wouldn't be fast enough. Ryan realized this at exactly the same time as he used his super speed to try and reach me but it was too late to get me out of the way.

Ryan threw himself in front of me. Receiving the full effect of the blast on his back. I saw his face as he bit his lip trying hard not to scream. I put my arms around him and created a wall of water to protect us from most of the heat caused by the flames. As water and flames collided steam rose forcing me to put in more and more water. My energy was already starting to drain. Finally Razzardus stopped his fire. Ryan looked me in the eyes. Pain evident. He was hanging on me as he tried to stay on his legs.