Part 29

During the celebration that bad feeling I had during the last 2 weeks, intensified. I was on high alert. Waiting for an attack to take place but nothing happened. As the night progressed it just got worse. I told Ryan about the feeling I had and he called for a few guards to stand watch outside the castle. It was almost 10 when Xander came up to talk to me.

"Have you seen Zanne?" he asked me nervously, immediately catching my attention when a feeling of panic rushed over me at his words

"No, I haven't seen her since she told you about the baby." I told him

"Me neither. She told me she was going to the bathroom but I haven't seen her since. I went to look for her but she was nowhere to be found. I wanted to check with you before asking Ryan to send out a search party. What if something happened to her?" he asked anxiously

Right at that moment Zanne walked through the doors. I pointed in her direction and Xander rushed to her. Something was bothering me however. The bad feeling didn't disappear when she walked in. In fact, it got worse. I slowly made my way through the groups standing at the food table and headed towards them.

Zanne looked as pale as a ghost. "Zanne are you okay?" I asked her. When I touched her arm her skin was deadly cold. She turned towards me with a small smile "I'm fine" she answered chirpy. Something seemed off. Her eyes were dilated, making it look almost completely black, and her smile seemed fake.

"Are you sure? You can tell me if something is bothering you. You look a little pale. Maybe we should take you to the healer?" I asked her worried

"I said I'm fine" she said in an icy cold tone. Yanking her arm out of my grasp. The look in her eyes gave me a chill. She looked evil. That look only lasted for a second before she smiled again.

"Sorry Reyna, I guess I'm just tired. It was a long day." she said trying to assure me. Reyna? She never called me Reyna. Something was wrong, I could feel it

"Yeah I guess it was" I said casually. She didn't comment on my thoughts at all like she usually would.

"So I was thinking about the war. I don't know if I'll be able to go through with it." she started a conversation

"Of course not. Not with your current state." I told her confused. She can't go into battle while she's pregnant

She looked confused at that. "Current state?" she asked.

"The pregnancy? You know the whole nine month, big tummy, little screaming baby pops out pregnancy thing" I told her, using the same description she gave me this morning.

She looked shocked for a second before composing herself. "Oh Reyna you're so funny" she said with a small nervous chuckle "I mean I won't be that far along when we launch the attack, will I?" she asked

This wasn't my sister. I knew that now. This morning she was crying in happiness when she found out she was pregnant and suddenly she forgets all about it? I decided to test out my theory.

"I told you this morning Zanne, we are going to attack on the day of the next full moon. But still. I won't allow you to risk getting injured." I said watching her closely.

"Oh yeah, I remember. I can be so forgetful sometimes" she said with a small laugh "But are you going to be able to put the plan in motion if I can't be there to help?" she asked trying to be casual.

She was trying to find information about the upcoming attack, I realized with a shock. But this isn't Zanne. We didn't talk this morning and no plan of attack has been set out yet. We're not nearly strong enough to launch an attack.

"Oh I'll be right back Zanne, hold that though." I said as casually as I could

I scanned the room and went towards Ryan. "There's something wrong with Zanne" I told him after I dragged him to a secluded area

"What's wrong?" he asked immediately sensing my panic.

"I don't know. All I know is that she isn't acting like herself. I've had this bad feeling for weeks now and when I saw her enter the room the feeling just exploded." I told him trying to explain the emotions of fear for my sister that was suddenly coursing through my veins.

I knew my feeling would have been clear for Zanne to sense but it looked like it wasn't bothering her at all, in fact it looked like she was not feeling anything.

"Let's go talk to her." he said starting to walk to her

"No! Listen to me. " I told him grabbing him by the shoulders and looking him in the eyes. "That thing standing there isn't my sister."

"What do you mean?" He asked confused

"Exactly what I'm saying. That is not my sister" I said quickly glancing to see her where she stood deathly still at the punch table.

"You mean you think that she is a copier?" he asked looking at Zanne surprised

"That's exactly what I'm saying" I said nodding my head.

Ryan sent out a search party to look for the real Zanne while I kept the clone busy. It was pretty easy actually. I just had to make up fake information about the war.

"And with Bibby out of the way we can easily get to Razzardus" I told her. A smug smile played on her lips as I told her this. I swear if she could she would be taking notes.

'We found her!' I heard in my head.

'Is she okay?' I asked worried

'She seemed to have been knocked over the head, but it doesn't look to serious' he replied making me almost sigh in relief

'Get her to safety and then we can take care of this clown.' I told Ryan

'Are you going to be okay?' he asked

'I'm fine, just take care of my sister.' I told him

'I will but I'm sending Xander back with a few guards' he said sternly. I didn't reply

I felt an extremely cold hand on my arm and I looked up. In front of me was Maddy, one of the cooks. "Oh hey Maddy," I said in surprise. Maddy was extremely people shy so seeing her here in a room full of people was a little strange.

"Are you okay?" I asked her when I noticed her pale skin. Then suddenly it clicked. I looked into her eyes to see her pupils dilated. There was more of them!

"I'm fine. I was wondering if you could help me. There's a problem in the kitchen" she asked. Her cold eyes caused me to shiver.

"Can it wait?" I asked starting to get a little nervous as I looked through the room.

There was about five of them standing around the food table. All extremely pale. Now either Maddy made some horrible food or I was surrounded.

"Actually no it can't" Maddy said taking me by the arm.

"I'm sure it can wait." Zanne suddenly said pulling me back. It seemed like a little war was going on. The first one to get me and as much information as possible wins.

I tried to sense who would win in a fight and I realized something. Their powers all felt the same. Where Zanne and Xanders powers would feel differently, the copiers didn't. I scanned the room while Zanne and Maddy were still arguing about me. I sensed about 14 throughout the whole room. I could handle them, I thought pleased with myself. My PL went up to 82 in the last 6 weeks. The more I practised the quicker it seemed to climb.

My relief was short lived when Xander walked into the room followed by about 50 guards. They were all copiers. Even Xander!

'Ryan!' I screamed at him through my mind link. I got no answer. Where was he?

I had no idea how they managed to get past Xander with his PL of 40, but it seemed to me that I was in a whole lot of trouble.

Suddenly Xander lifted his hands in the air and started swinging them around from side to side. Within a couple of seconds all the guests were lying on the ground passed out, revealing 5 more copiers. What was that? Xander couldn't do that! I thought a little panicked. It must be the copiers power. Which explains why Zanne couldn't hear my thoughts.

I was surrounded by copiers and I had no idea where Ryan was. I just hoped that he was okay.