Part 31

He came at me flying through the air. I ducked just in time to avoid his fist. I spun around while still on the ground. 'Never turn your back on an opponent' I hear the lesson in my head. I sent a ball of fire at him, barely brazing his arm when he ducked out of the way.

He used his super speed and next thing I knew he was behind me getting me in a death grip around my neck. 'Never be caught off guard' I opened my wings causing him to loosen his grip enough for me to spin around. I blasted him with wind sending him flying. He used his wings to stop halfway in the air and turned, landing a kick on my shoulder causing me to fall to the ground a couple of meters away. He came towards me again but before he could launch the next attack I created a wall of water around me. 'Always be one step ahead' He flew through it causing his wings to get wet, slowing him down.

He still came towards me. I called to the earth and giant boulders lifted into the sky. I swung it towards him. One hit his shoulder but he went flying upwards to avoid the rest. This was exactly what I wanted. 'Fight with a strategy' I summoned electricity in the air and sent a lightning bolt straight towards him.

His wings were too slow to get out of the way before the lightning bolt came from the sky and hit him full force. He went spiraling down and landed with a groan on the ground.

He slowly came up. I watched and waited. 'Don't presume it's over when your opponent is down' He turned towards me slowly "I think you're ready" he said causing a big smile to cross my face. I ran towards him and jumped into his arms.

"Ow" he said when I collided with him reminding me of his injuries. I quickly took a step back but he pulled me close again in order to plant a kiss on my lips.

He took my hand and we started making our way to the door "Was that lightning bolt really necessary?" he asked with a frown as we exited the practice room "You know those things sting like hell." he continued rubbing his chest with his free hand

"Oh don't be such a baby. You could've avoided it if you weren't so slow" I joked

"Oh I'm slow am I?" He said mock threatening "How's this for slow?" he asked capturing me within the blink of an eye against the wall

"Ahhh," I replied pulling a face "I've seen better" I said pretending to not be impressed. Man that boy was fast!

He gave a short laugh before pressing a kiss on my lips. As always his kiss made me melt. I could stand forever in this spot as long as his lips were on mine.

Someone cleared their throat forcing me to break the kiss. I gave a death glare towards my sister who was standing there with a disgusted face.

"Can you just please get a room? Some people wish to use the halls without running into hormonal royals around every corner" she said

"Are you actually calling us hormonal?" Ryan asked mockingly at the 3 month pregnant lady. This earned him a glare

He had a point. It's been a little over 2 months since we found out about Zanne's pregnancy and her moods have been driving us all crazy. Especially since she was causing the rest of the castle to feel her mood swings with her.

"I have a reason for being this hormonal," she said pointing at her still flat stomach "what's yours?" she asked putting her hands on her hips daring him to retort

He spun me so that I stood in front of him before letting his hands go down my sides as if showing me off. He looked back towards Zanne "Do I need any more reason?" he asked with a chuckle. This got a huff from Zanne as she turned around and stormed back down the corridor she just came from.

I turned around and put my arms around his neck "You should really stop pestering her like that" I told Ryan once she was gone.

"Oh but it's so fun." he whined before pulling me closer to him "and speaking of fun" he continued suggestively giving me another peck on the lips.