Part 41

We followed Razzardus up the hill, away from the fighting crowd. This suited me to tell you the truth. With our powers unleashed the citizens would probably just be a distraction. I couldn't risk harming my own people.

We were almost at the top of the mountain before we landed to a stop. It seemed strange that Razzardus would take us here. So close to the portal. He must know that even if he gets me back into my own dimension I'll just come back. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

At least I recognized the place. It was the same place that I went for a bath the day Zanne and I entered through the portal. The waterfall and the pool below surrounded by trees made me feel calm. My dad would have loved it here. It felt right to finish a chapter at the same place my journey in Leandre started.

I landed in front of Razzardus with Ryan right beside me.

"My offer still stands. You could join me. Together we could rule the whole world." Razzardus said. His smile remained

"I would never join you" I told him fiercely. Finally releasing all the anger and hatred I had towards him instead of hiding behind the fake friendly tone I was always forced to use.

"Very well. If that is your final decision I will accept it. Unfortunately this means that you will have to die. But do not fret. I will make it quick and painless." He said before rephrasing completely "No, actually I can't promise that." He said with a mysterious smirk

"Big words for someone so outnumbered" I said as casually as I could. I have a bad feeling. More intense than I ever had before and it was starting to eat me up from the inside out. "Why don't you stop barking and try to actually land a bite?" I asked mockingly

A flash of anger fleeted across his eyes before it was replaced by humor "Oh how I would love to quiet that pretty little mouth of yours once and for all, but alas I cannot. You see a friend of mine seemed to have been mislead by your charming little King here and since I am the wonderful person I am I offered him the chance of a lifetime. The chance to get revenge." He said. That smirk of his getting on my last nerve.

"Oh yes, wonderful indeed. And this friend of yours wouldn't happen to be your true head guard?" I asked with a smirk of my own

That caused his smile to falter a bit.

"Oh yes, we know all about him Razzardus, even though you tried to hide him. Even his power level is known to us. Unfortunately he would not stand a chance against both of us." Ryan said lying blatantly. I gave him a quick glance. Ryan never lied. His face seemed to have paled since we landed making me worried. Does he know something that I don't?

"You impress me. I thought it would've been a little surprise. Oh well, "he said shrugging "it's still going to be fun to watch." As he said this he went to sit on a rock nearby to emphasize his words.

Bad feeling. Bad feeling. Bad feeling. I thought as I almost got nauseous from the strength of it.

Was it his head guard that caused this feeling? That question was answered the moment his head guard finally made an appearance.

Zorgan!

I knew Zorgan was strong. He was strong enough to send my parents to another dimension after all, but even though he had the ability to hide his power level I still doubted his strength.

Maybe it was because of the fact that he was already dead. Maybe it was because of the bad feeling inside of me diminishing. Maybe it was the relaxing facial expression of Ryan. I didn't know what it could possibly be, but I knew that my feelings have never led me wrong before.

"Haven't you tested my strength enough?" I asked getting irritated. Sure it would be an interesting battle against Zorgan, and I would love to kill him since he started this whole mess, but I've been working myself up for the ultimate battle and now I get one that is weaker than me. If Ryan and I should both fight Zorgan it would be a completely unmatched battle.

"You believe that Zorgan is weaker than you?" Razzardus asked with raised eyebrows

"I know he is." I said plainly. "Ryan, how 'bout you take Zorgan and I'll take Razzardus?" I said getting a little daring.

I suddenly felt a grip around my neck. The same one that he used at the death games. What he doesn't know is that I had plenty of time to figure out his powers when I was hanging on a wall in a dungeon.

Ryan made a move to attack him but I lifted my hand telling him to stop. He looked at me confused but I just closed my eyes and concentrated. It confused me at first. This power he was using. He was a Warlock and thus a physical, but still I couldn't tear his grip away from my neck. That's when it hit me. What if the fact that he became un-dead made him something else? A whole new creature unknown in Leandre? What if he was now a mental?

I concentrated until I felt the power. He was using a mental power, the power to control the energy particles in the air, to create a steel grip around my neck. I got the feeling of his power. It was unique just like I thought it would we. I twisted and turned the energy until I was able to control the energy he was using on me. As soon as I got control I broke the chain around my neck and opened my eyes.

"Is that the best you got?" I asked with a small smirk

He looked taken aback by that comment before he tried again. This time I already knew how his power felt. I easily got control of his power and sent it back towards him grabbing him by the neck. Slowly I lifted him up in the air, making him squirm and fight to gain control.

"I might not be able to kill you, but I can leave you unconscious" I said with a small laugh. I was actually enjoying torturing him after everything that he caused. Sometimes I wondered if he wasn't the real one to blame for the misery of my people the last 22 years. That however, was a battle for another day.

I threw him to the ground as he stopped struggling. As he fell he took a large gulp of air. "H... how'd you d...do that?" he stumbled as he tried to regain his breath

"I took control of the power you used on me and sent it back to you. Once I figured out that you somehow changed into an elemental instead of the physical you once were it was pretty easy" I said in my old humble manner

This caused a chuckle to erupt from Ryan. "Show off" he mumbled under his breath

I gave him a small smile before turning my gaze back to Razzardus "Are you ready?" I asked getting serious. I was through playing these silly little games of his.

"I'm not through with you yet!" Zorgan yelled at me

I turned towards him with a groan "Then give me your best shot!" I screamed back.

He did just that. He lifted his hands in the air, his palms facing upwards as he began to chant. I saw a shadow forming around him and looked up. The sky was getting darker by the second as a black cloud started forming in the air. As far as the cloud went rain started pouring from the heavens.

It wasn't long before thunder could be heard echoing through the heavens. In creating the storm he limited my flying ability as well as my eyesight. Smart fellow I thought impressed.

In a matter of minutes the sky was almost as dark as the night. I watched in curiosity as he created the storm. With his concentration on the sky he forgot to try and conceal his PL. I would guess it was at about 80 to 85, but with creating the storm he already lost one fourth of his power.

"Haiya!" he yelled as he brought his hands down from the heavens and towards me.

I only realized what he was doing when it was a little late. He controlled everything in the storm. I saw the lightning bolt as it came from the heavens towards me. I jumped out of the way but the energy surrounding it still managed to catch my arm before I was out of the way leaving a huge raw mark.

I stood up holding my injured arm. Maybe I underestimated him after all.