CHAPTER 1 - BED TIME STORY

Arabella's P.O.V

"Once upon a time there were two cute little boys who were the best of friends. They were born but a week apart and named Alex and Ryan. Even though they were the future Kings of opposite parts of their world they always found a way to see each other. As the years flew by their friendship grew stronger and stronger. From riding bikes to pranking tutors, from sneaking out to throwing parties, they were always side by side.

One stormy afternoon there was a knock on Alex's palace door, and this was where the trouble began.

At the door was the most beautiful girl in all the land. With hair as white as snow and deep see blue eyes Arabella took the breath away of any man who glanced her way, including the two princes.

Alex and Ryan instantly fell in love with Arabella and so, their first fight began.

What they didn't know was that Arabella had been possessed by the evil witch Zardia. In her pitch black heart she harboured only one goal: To rule their world.

She had used a love spell, and with it she had obtained the hearts of the two future Kings of Leandre.

Their friendship was crumbling with each passing day as the prince's endeavoured to win the young maidens heart and feuded for her hand.

Zardia's decision was an easy one. Since the beginning Ryan was not as infatuated with her as Alex and, in order to ensure marriage with both, she had to marry, and murder, him first.

There was a flaw in Zardia's plan however.

As her answer to whom she would marry rang out, Alex's heart broke into a million pieces. The devastation could be seen, clearly written on the pain lines drawn across his face. One look at his friends hurt face and Ryan wanted nothing more in the world than for his best friends' pain to go away.

Suddenly it was like a fog was lifted from Ryan. The power of their friendship had broken the love curse that the evil witch Zardia had put on him!

Ryan went to the best spirit healer in the castle and, with the help of the Kings army, the evil witch Zardia was destroyed.

Something good did come from the ordeal however. It seemed that the love spell wasn't the only reason for Alex's infatuation with Zardia. As soon as Arabella awoke from the terrible ordeal the evil witch put her through, and looked into Alex's eyes, his heartbeat accelerated. A need erupted in his heart to hold her, protect her and love her.

He had found his true princess.

But the story did not end there. On Princess Arabella and Prince Alex's wedding day, the beautiful songs that the birds were singing were soon interrupted by Zardia's true love, Warlock Zorgan.

In an attempt to take revenge on Prince Alex and his bride for the death of his beloved, he used his powers and threw Prince Alex and Princess Arabella into a strange new dimension.

In this dimension, Alex and Arabella tried desperately to get back to their Kingdom. They searched far and wide for the portal to get back, but to no avail. They were no longer royalty, they started ageing and they no longer had any magical powers. They traced the magic remnants of the opened portal to a quaint little town before it disappeared.

With no alternative they slowly but surely started to accept their new life and, except for the worry about their Kingdom, they were happy. A beautiful baby girl had even been born for them, arguably even more beautiful than the princess herself.

And so, with their loving little family, they lived happily ever after." I finished the story while looking expectantly into my 6 year old daughters blue eyes.

"But mom, what about the kingdom? What happened to Prince Ryan? And there was no dragons in the story," Reyna complained with her arms crossed over her chest and her rosy lips in an unhappy pout.

"I don't know what happened to the kingdom or Prince Ryan, baby girl. This is how my story ends, but maybe one day you'll be able to write your own story. Now how does that sound?" I asked with a smile as I tucked her into bed.

"I guess that's a good idea, but in my story the Prince and Princess will get back to the castle and slay a dragon, there will be a princess for Prince Ryan and they will be in love like mummy and daddy and they will save the whole Kingdom from Zorgan and..." She said inaudibly as she drifted to sleep with an adventure forming in her mind.

I gave her a peck her on her soft cheek before I leisurely made my way over to the window to close the curtains. The stars caught my gaze and for a moment I just stood there, mesmerized by the beauty, my thoughts running a million miles a minute.

"You worry too much about our little girl, sweetheart" I heard from behind me as my husband Alexander entered the room and engulfed me in his strong arms. I laid back against him, finding comfort in his touch.

"And you don't? Who knows what is happening to Leandre as we speak? Rey is getting older and one day she will find out the truth. We won't always be there to protect her from it, or from him." I replied softly

"When that day comes I am sure that she will be fine." He soothed "We have a strong girl Belle, stubborn just like her mom, but destined to do great things, with or without us by her side." Alexander said smiling lightly down at me.

As we passed her I knelt by her bed once more.

"May our Father in heaven always be by your side my little princess" I prayed before being led from the room by Alex.