Part 13

Ruzanne's P.O.V (recap)

I woke up with a smile on my lips, stretching I opened my eyes. That was the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. After I told Rey that I couldn't leave my family to go with her I couldn't sleep. I kept having nightmares about her and the wolf. When I watched her leave I realized that I just made a big mistake. My parents would be fine, a little worried if they didn't hear from us for a while, but they didn't need me. Not like Rey.

I quietly stood up and folded my sleeping bag. I took a look around but I didn't see Rey in the tent. It was small and I guess even with my slightly shorter legs I could still kick just as bad because, when I got outside I saw that she had taken her bag to sleep outside.

I took a look around. Everything looked the same as in our dimension, the sun was rising causing a silver glow on the trees and the birds were singing up in the blue sky. It was a perfect day except for one little thing. I smelled awful!

I took a look at Rey still sleeping peacefully and decided if I could see a stream nearby. I quickly gathered my clothes and went of in the direction the sun was rising. Being in the woods gave me such a feeling of belonging, something I never felt before. I was calm.

Ii kept searching for about 2 minutes before I found a stream coming from somewhere up the mountain. Not willing to take the chance and go near the portal I washed my face and got a little water I could use to try and make us some breakfast. Humming a light tune I made my way back to the camp.

As soon as I walked in I froze from fright, letting everything I had with me fall to the ground. That alerted the thing that someone was here. It slowly turned around. It was a wolf. This one wasn't the same one I saw the night before, it was even bigger. It's brown fur was shining in the morning sun causing me to want to run my hands through it. Ruzanne, I said to myself, get your act together! This thing is going to kill you. Well, at least I'll die by the hand of something beautiful. I argued with myself.

I stood as still as I possibly could just staring into the wolfs brown eyes. He took a step closer to me making me automatically get into a fighting stance. I wasn't exactly a karate expert but I was not going down without a fight. A stole a quick glance in Rey's direction to make sure she was okay before turning back to the wolf. He was not getting near my sister.

Suddenly something happened. I gave out an ear piercing shriek and took a step back. That wolf just changed into a man! He was a man and then a wolf. No a wolf and then a man. I was struggling to get my head around it. I heard him say something but by then I was already heading towards Rey as fast as I could. She was looking at me with sleep filled confused eyes. She was the smart one. She'll know what to do I thought as I jumped to get behind her. I dug my head into her side trying, illogically, to hide from him.

"No please. Do not hide your lovely face from my sight. I could spend forever just looking at you. Please my love, do not be afraid. I would never do anything to hurt you." I heard the guy say his voice getting harder as he came closer. "I love you" he continued. Something caused my heart to start thumping erratically. This wolf/guy was doing something to me. After Robbie I've never even looked at another guy but this wolf was making me feel like I could melt with just one word out of his mouth. This scared me even more than the thought of him killing me.

I saw Rey holding her hand out towards me. I hadn't even realized she had stood up. 'It wasn't just embarrassment.. .' I heard Rey saying in her head. Just as I was about to ask her what that was supposed to mean I saw a hand reach towards me. I cowered away. I was afraid of him, of what his touch could do to me. I saw Rey try to keep him from me, the next thing I knew he was flying through the air and landed across the clearing against the tree. It felt like my heart was being squeezed in my chest in a steel grip when I saw him falling to the ground.