Part 22

I filled Xander in on everything that happened since I woke up including the powers that we couldn't use because of the collar, as we searched for Zanne. We stopped in front of the door I could sense Zannes' power from. Her power was stronger than Xanders but still pretty weak. There weren't any guards on our way here but I could sense two inside this door along with a lot of smaller powers. The mentals dungeon. I thought. Neither I nor Xander could get the chains off of us which meant that only I had a power to use. I told Xander to stay put before I opened the door.

Inside was a chair on both sides of the door, the rest of the hall looked exactly the same as the one I was kept in. Then I saw them. Both were at the sell I could sense my sister from, probably welcoming their new member just like that guard did to me. I shuddered at the thought.

Then long thin one looked my way "Hey! Who are you? Where did you come from? You are not allowed in here." The long one said causing the chubby one to turn in my direction.

"Look! She has a collar!" he said starting to run towards me, the long one not far behind.

I took a deep breath "Stop!" I commanded causing the fat one to stop. The long one however kept coming closer. My power was drained but I tried again. I had to save my sister! "Stop now!" I said towards the thin one causing him to stop dead in his tracks. I breathed a sigh of relief. This collar was draining my energy.

I quickly took the keys and opened my sisters sell, "bacon" I said causing her to wake up instantly. I would laugh but the seriousness of the situation was putting a damper on my humorous side.

"We have to get out of here! Now!" I ordered Zanne. She immediately obeyed and started towards the door. I commanded the guards to get in the sell before locking the door and running towards the door where I found Zanne and Xander in a warm embrace. Their fight didn't last very long I thought with a chuckle.

"Let's go!" I said before starting in the direction we came from. We needed a place to hide and there was a room where I couldn't sense any power from on our way to Zanne. As soon as we found it I opened the door. It was a bathroom, probably for the guards but it would have to do. I went to sit on the closed toilet looking at the collar on my wrist. There had to be a way to get these things off! I won't be able to control more than two more guards with the way my power was decreasing.

Suddenly Zanne fell to the ground unconscious. I looked up with a start.

"Don't worry she'll be fine. I'm guessing she tried to read your mind." Xander said picking her up in his arms. I wanted to check for myself but he stopped me "We have to get these collars of or else we're all screwed! Listen to me, your sister is going to be fine" He said panicked. I nodded my head. He was right. I don't know what the punishment was for trying to escape but I knew it couldn't be good.

I took my seat once again and looked at the collar. As soon as I tried to pull it the needles came out, able to cut into my veins. There was a button on the side and as soon as I pressed it a type of liquid came out of the collar. But as soon as I pulled the collar the needles came back.

I thought about a toy I used to have. It looked almost like a straw and you had to put a finger from each hand in the opposite sides. As soon as you tried to pull your fingers out the straw wrapped tighter around your fingers making it impossible to get out off. But bring your fingers closer together and it would loosen.

I decided to try doing the same thing with this collar and wrapped my hand around the collar pressing it against my skin. I pressed the button I came across earlier and the gooey liquid came out making it possible to slip the collar off. I felt a giggle come to my lips from the strain being lifted off me. Just to make sure I pressed a fire ball to my hand and watched in amazement at the ball bouncing on my hand. I heard Xander clearing his throat bringing me back to reality and by closing my hand the fire was absorbed into my skin turning back into power, my power that I could feel growing.