Part 35

I had no idea why a guard had to come with us, since I was much stronger than him, but I was not complaining. He was carrying all our bags, and trust me, those things were not light. Zanne has been here so many times that she easily weaved herself through the trees making me dizzy from all the turns we took. After about an half an hour of walking Zanne came to a stop in a smallish clearing. Causing the guard to sigh in relief when he let our bags drop to the ground.

I already felt better being in the open air, the worries of Razzardus seemed miles away and I felt free for the first time in months. I went to lay down on the grass. The cool wind blowing through thee trees up above. The birdie chirping on a rock close by. They all made me think about one thing. My powers.

How could I have the ability to create the atmosphere that I have here, and yet I haven't? Why did I not create myself a mud bath or hot rocks when I started to feel stressed? The truth is I never even thought about being able to do that. Since I got to Leandre, the only thing I've ever used my powers for is violence. I saw my powers as nothing other than weapons.

But today that was going to change. I was going to be selfish. I was going to create a giant mud bath, a sauna, a tanning bed and everything else that pops into my mind and I'm going to just let go of all the worries I have and remember the good times.

The evening was amazing. When we weren't gossiping we were relaxing, when we weren't relaxing we we reminiscing. All the stress has been washed away in a few short hours where I actually put myself and my feelings before those of my Kingdom. I realised that missing my new family wouldn't cause me to lose focus on the mission I had to fulfil in Leandre, it would only make me more determined to finish it of sooner. Soon I was going back to earth and I was going to see them. I just had to hold on a little longer.

I went to sleep with a song on my lips. I didn't wake up the same way unfortunately.

"Rey!" I heard Zanne's panicked scream waking me up.

I immediately opened my eyes and looked towards the area I had heard her scream. There were copiers. Only about five of them and I knew I could easily handle them. I lifted my hand to send a fireball in their direction but before I could throw a voice stopped me.

"Oh no you don't, we wouldn't want your sister to get hurt now do we?" One of the copiers, holding my sister, asked threateningly.

I reabsorbed the fire ball when I saw the blade he was pressing against Zanne's throat. He would be able to kill Zanne in one sweep of the knife, before any fireball could get to harm a hair on his body.

"Leave her..." I started yelling in my most authoritative voice, trying to use mind control, but before I could finish I felt something hit my neck. It was a needle, I realized as I took it out of my neck and looked at it, it had a tube in the back where a drop of green liquid could still be seen. Can't I have just have one night of peace?

"Rey!" I heard Zanne scream before falling into a deep sleep.

Ryan's P.O.V

'Can't I just have one night of peace?' I thought in frustration as I got up from my bed once again.

These dreams were still haunting me. The only night I could sleep peacefully was when |Rey was with me. When I could hold her in my arms to assure myself that she was fine. I was going out of my mind from the lack of sleep.

According to my mother the dreams my father had about her stopped the minute they met. But then why were these dreams torturing me so? They're so vivid! It feels so real.

These dreams never came true for any Zevron I've ever met, that and the fact that dragons were annihilated thousands of years ago from the face of the planet, gave me a little peace of mind. Until I went to bed,that is, only to be haunted by these nightmares once again.