Part 15

We were stuck. The 5 copiers were still knocked out but the werewolf was too weak to help me or Zanne. The troll was standing there looking a little tired, it must have taken a lot of energy to push my fire tornado away like that, but that evil smirk told me he had enough power to wipe us out.

"Another surprise. And a beautiful one at that. King Razzardus would be pleased to have you as part of his army. It's been a while since I had to use almost half of my power just to get rid of one attack." He said walking closer to me.

As I suspected he came only to mid thigh. He checked me up and down resulting in goosebumps of disgust erupting all over my skin. "And then maybe I can have a little fun too." He said suggestively

"So what do you say? You join the kings army and in turn I will give your friends here a 10 second head start." He proposed. I knew it was wrong but I was considering it. He wanted me and I could always attack him once the 10 seconds was over to get Zanne more time to get away. I knew the werewolf would make sure nothing happened to her.

"No, we can do this Rey, just believe in yourself." Zanne said putting her hand on my shoulder. I felt my confidence return thanks to her emotion control power.

"You won't touch one of us." I said out loud and in my head I told Zanne to tell the werewolf to get out of here and take her with him while his attention was on me. I saw Zanne move towards where the wolf was lying.

"Oh is that so? And what are you going to do to stop me? That fire ball was impressive but I knew you lost most of your energy in that attack." That constant smirk was getting annoying and I was determined to wipe it off his face. I saw Zanne get on the wolf out of the corner of my eye, just as the troll turned in their direction.

"This!" I yelled getting his attention before he realized that they were trying to escape. I lifted my hands and, gathering almost all of my energy I swung another fire ball at him. This time he was prepared however and blocked it with some sort of energy field, causing him almost no damage. But it was enough time for the wolf to get zanne out of there unnoticed.

"Wow." He said ' you have even more power than I anticipated. Are you sure you don't want to reconsidder joining forces?" he asked looking impressed

"Never." I said firmly I wasn't strong enough to take him on, but I would die rather than join that little slime ball!

"Suit yourself" he said with a shrug and collected a ball of energy in his hand. "Goodbye sweetheart" was his last words before he flung the ball towards me.

I went into a defensive pose with my arms crossed in front of my face, my eyes closed. I felt a pain in my back, a burning I felt once before and then I felt my feet lift from the ground. I opened my eyes and I was in the air, above the trees. I looked down at the troll looking around confused as to where I was. He looked into the sky and his eyes went as big as saucers looking at me. He looked scared.

I knew my energy was very low, even if I attacked I would probably only bruise him and then I won't be able to get out of here. So I did something I never thought I would do. I turned and I fled. I flew in the direction Zanne and the wolf had dissapeared to. I was flying for about five minutes before I spotted them. The wolf seemed to have lost strength bacause of the amount of strain put on him from carrying Zanne before he could heal properly.

They had stopped. He was back in human form lying against a tree and Zanne trying to make him comfortable. He should really stay away from those things, I thought while decending with a chuckle. It seems like Zanne heard my thoughts because she looked around as to where it came from. I went downwards slowly but still stumbled when my feet touched the ground behind Zanne. She spun around in a fightin stance. Untill she saw me. Her mouth dropped, her eyes looked at me in awe.