Part 24

It felt like I was being scolded by the hot new gym teacher. Zanne, Xander and I were all standing in a row while Ryan walked up and down in front of us like a drill sergeant. After realizing his full power some of my confidence has left me.

"I'm waiting" Ryan said impatiently towards Xander. Even Xander's usual bossiness has been replaced with calmness with a hint of fear.

"Like I said, It's a long story." Xander replied with a sigh

"Well I have all night" Ryan replied looking towards me "since my nightmares have become so vivid, I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway" he said with a small chuckle

What's that supposed to mean? Like I was to blame for him having nightmares, I huffed. I heard a giggle from my left and I looked towards Zanne just in time to see her trying to hide her smile behind her hand. She knows something!

"Oh a mind reader I see" Ryan said with a smile walking towards Zanne before Xander could start with our story. Ryan bent down to whisper something in Zanne's ear, probably swearing her to secrecy. Seeing them so close to each other made a scowl appear on my face. I was jealous of my sister, I realized and quickly changed my expression to hide the unwanted feelings. I wasn't the only one feeling a little green it seemed because a growl erupted from Xander.

Zanne quickly went towards Xander to calm him down. "You're mate I pressume?" Ryan asked Xander with another chuckle.

Xander gave a warning growl in response. "Oh down boy, I'm not going to try and steal your mate away. I have my eyes on another." Ryan said calming Xander down a little bit. Somehow I felt a little disappointed at hearing these words leave Ryan's lips but I shook that feeling away. What was going on with me?

I stepped forward, the annoyance I felt at myself seeping through in my voice "If everyone's done sharing their love lives now can we get down to business?" I asked agitated

"Of course." Ryan said, the smile in his eyes made me wonder if he could sense emotions too. It honestly looked like he knew exactly what emotions he awoke in me and found it extremely amusing.

"I believe there is an interesting story as to why a friend of mine would break out of jail, which I have no idea to why he was in there in the first place, only to break into my room with the help of a female, with interesting powers to say the least, that tries to kill me." he said getting serious

"The story is we plan on overthrowing Razzardus and we need your help to do that." I said getting straight to the point

He looked at me with interest. "That is a noble goal," he finally said "but a foolish one. Why would a random girl, succeed at killing Razzardus if I had not even been able to do that after 22 years?" he asked a retorical question.

"Random girl?" Zanne spoke up "Did you not see her power? How easily she got us in here? That random girl can defeat anyone, even you" she continued, their bonding of a few minutes ago completely forgotten.

I appreciated that Zanne was standing up for me but I knew Ryans word partly held truth. He was stronger than me, a lot stronger. And without his help there was no way to ever defeat Razzardus

Zanne hearing my thoughts turned towards me with a shocked face "Is he really that much stronger than you?" she asked

I nodded my head in confirmation. "But if he could train you to be as strong as him then you will be able to defeat Razzardus won't you?" she asked hopefully. I honestly didn't know. If Ryan was this strong and he still didn't have hope to win against Razzardus, what help could I possibly be?

"Like I said before it's a noble goal, but you should just forget about it. It's impossible for any citizen to achieve my power, no matter what types of powers she has. The sun gods and moon goddesses blessed me with a power 10 times the size of any citizen. A power that has not been achieved by a citizen thus far. Besides even if we had years to train her and she finally did achieve my PL (power level) it would still be a lost cause to start a war" he said with a sigh.

"Why?" Xander spoke up "Razzardus can't possibly be that strong"

"To tell you the truth I have no idea how strong he is. He is a royal too and on the night the royals were blessed with wings another promise, now seen as a curse, was made. It was foretold that a royal can increase his power by becoming more than they are. I suspect that Razzardus was able to tap into that power. Something that no other was able to do. But this is still just speculation. The true reason why I can't start a war is because I won't even get the chance to reach Razzardus. Our armies are equally matched and the citizens from Zahee refuses to stand with me in any battle since they believe that it was my fault that they lost their King and Queen." he explained the situation

"But they will stand beside their rightful queen won't they?" Zanne piped up. This caused a cloud to appear on Ryan's face

"Just because she wants to go on a suicide mission to kill Razzardus, doesn't make her the rightful queen. Zahee had only one King and Queen. And that was King Alex and Queen Arabella." he said with finality. My heart warmed at the fact that he was fighting for my parents after so many years.

Zanne however didn't seem to notice the mood Ryan was in because she continued. "But they're dead..." she started but before she could finish Ryan was in front of her. He grabbed her by the neck and lifted her of her feet "Don't ever say that again!" he roared towards her

I lifted my hands and send wind, afraid to harm Zanne, towards Ryan. It hit him with a punch sending him stumbling backwards. Luckily Xander was fast enough to catch Zanne before she fell.

I looked Ryan straight in the eyes "Don't ever touch my sister again" I said menacingly towards him. As reply he lifted his hand and a fire ball started on his palm. He was about to throw it when Xander interfered.

"Stop! This is crazy. You're going around in circles." He said to us before turning towards Ryan. "Ryan the fact is that King Alex and Queen Arabella did in fact pass on. I know this because I was told by their daughter. I'm sorry but it's the truth" Xander said softly

"That's a lie! They're not dead!" Ryan yelled flinging the fire ball at him. Xander ducked out of the way just in time.

"It is the truth!" Zanne said running to see if Xander was okay "You fool, you could have killed him!"

"It serves him right. I can't believe someone I called friend would make up such insane rumours only to steal my friends Kingdom." Ryan said with disgust "You're traitors. All of you." he said looking at each of us. His eyes stopped at me and there was a sadness in their pools. "Even you" The sadness was replaced with disgust as he looked at me causing pain to fill my heart. He was disgusted by me.

I couldn't take seeing that look. He turned around walking to his door. I couldn't let him leave. That was the only thought running through my mind. I concentrated until I felt the pain in my back, a sure sign that my wings were on display. I lifted myself up the ground and before Ryan could open his door to call to the guards I blocked his way by landing in front of him.

His eyes grew big as he took in my wings. "I'm sorry but it's the truth" I said in a soft voice looking him in the eyes. Begging him to believe me. His eyes showed his emotions change from shocked to unbelieving to heartache. "No" he whispered. His voice was broken by the hope now lying crushed around his feet.

I saw his eyes beginning to blink with unshed tears and my heart pained with his as I knew how he must feel in losing the most wonderful people I've ever known. Without a second thought I stood on my toes and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He let his head fall from it's proud posture and hid it in my neck. His arms were wound around my body like a life line. And there we stood. His tears and my tears mingling as we found comfort in each other.

I don't know how long we were standing there, just holding each other, but when I finally lifted my head Zanne and Xander was gone. I tried to wipe the tears from my eyes before looking at Ryan. The pain in his eyes were still evident but there was a calm, telling me that he will be able to accept and move on. He lifted his hands and cupped my cheeks. His thumbs slowly wiping away the last traces of tears. "I'm sorry" he said in a soft whisper.

"I'm sorry" I replied mimicking him. Knowing his pain was mimicking mine. A small smile came back to his face as he took my hand and lead me towards his bed.

The rest of the night was full of explanations. I told him my life story and he told me about Leandre as we lay side by side on his bed looking at the roof. The last thing I remember him telling me is that we were going to have to take a test to determine the powers we each posses before I drifted to sleep on his bed.