Part 27

I had a nice long visit with Queen Lilliana. We had quite a few things in common. The fact that she thinks something needs to happen about the place of the Women in Leandre being one of them.

"And she wouldn't move until Alpha Lafras gave her permission even though it was obvious that she wanted to go to her son. Zanne, my sister, stepped forward without any permission and hugged the Alpha Female. The men didn't even dare make a move to object with my icy gaze on them." I told Queen Lilliana

"That's exactly what I mean! And the worse is that the women actually allow it! I'm embarrassed to say that even my son has trouble seeing women as his equal sometimes, but with a true love like you he will soon be put in his place" Queen Lilliana said with a proud look on her face.

There was that true love thing again. Ryan left after a half hour of us chatting his ears off and I decided to ask her about it.

"Why do you call me his true love?" I asked her unable to contain my curiosity any longer.

"Because that's what you are dear. The Zevron race has the ability to sense their soul mates approach before they actually meet. Mostly through dreams. He saw you in dreams long before he met you and that fire ball" she said with a chuckle. I could hardly believe that this women was the same women I met just an hour ago. Her eyes were shining brightly with joy.

It seemed like Ryan told his mom every little detail of his day. As I could figure out she doesn't leave the room at all. It explains why I haven't seen her around the castle even though I've been here a week. I remembered the first night we met. He said something about not being able to sleep because his nightmares became too vivid. Was I a nightmare? I wondered.

I continued chatting with Ryan's mother for a while before my stomach forced me to leave. "Thank you. For sitting here and just talking to me. Ryan tries his best but it's not the same as having a friend to talk to." She said as I stood up to leave.

"I'll be back tomorrow. I have a feeling that were going to become great friends Queen Lilliana" I said with a genuine smile.

"Please call me mom" she asked, her eyes begging for more than a different name, begging for me to truly become her daughter.

"Of course mom" I said softly before leaving her be. It seemed that she accepted me as a daughter instead of as a girl that her son kissed only twice.

I was lost. I had no idea how to get anywhere and my stomach was complaining loudly in protest. I concentrated on picking up Ryan's power. 'Ryan, Ryan where are you?' I thought to myself. 'In my room' I heard an answer in my head making me shriek and look around as to where the voice came from. 'What the hell was that?' I asked myself, but the same voice decided to answer. 'You're my true love, I have to be able to keep you safe. This is a Zavrons way of doing it.'

Once the initial shock wore of and I knew that I was not going crazy I thought it was actually pretty cool. ' oh my brave King, won't you please come and save your true love. A terrible fate has befallen her. She has been trapped in a maze with no way out and a terrible hunger has taken control of her every thought' I thought out to him with a small laugh

'Oh my true love, what a terrible thing indeed. But, never fear. Your brave King will save you from the hunger after he finds a way to get through the maze. Be strong my beloved. I'm on my way and no turn, left or right, will keep me from you' he replied as serious as possible

I decided to just sit there and wait for my brave King to come and save me. I was singing a song when I felt Ryan's power approach. I got up and ran in the direction I felt him. I ran and ran and finally I turned a corner to see him standing at the end looking for me. He spotted me and his face brightened. I started to run as fast as I could and jumped into his waiting arms. He spun me around in the air and when he finally put me down he said "Oh my true love, I was so worried that I would be too late to save you from the hunger that has befallen you. "