Part 20

After it was explained to the guests that Razzardus refused to let their new Alpha female join the population of Ryan's Kingdom and that I came to her rescue, which was why Bibby was after me, the rest of the day went by without a hitch. Zanne, being as weird as she was, loved the fact that there was a battle in the middle of her wedding.

"Are you kidding? No one will ever forget my wedding day, and that's all a girl could hope for right?" was her words when I apologized for her ruined wedding.

That night once the guests left there was a meeting. Alpha Naomi couldn't believe her eyes when I showed her my wings to prove I was a royal. And after a long debate they gave up in trying to convince me to stay there. I was leaving the next day to fulfil my quest and no amount of scary stories about Razzardus would keep me from doing that. Zanne, of course, was still determined to accompany me, and Xander refused to let his new bride go anywhere without him. And so it was decided that while Xander and his mate were on their 'honeymoon' that Alpha Lafras would remain the Alpha.

The next morning, after a lot more pleadings from Alpha Naomi, we were finally on our way. Our plan was to head to the village closest to the castle and from there we could get a plan to actually get into the castle. Xander had an idea how the palace looked inside, but since he usually just walked in and out through the front door the outside of the castle was a mystery to him. The trip was about 2 days if we travelled with me flying and Xander running in wolf form.

When I heard a howl a breathed a sigh of relief. I slowed and softly landed besides Zanne while Xander was off in the woods getting dressed. It was going to be dark soon and I wouldn't have been able to stand another night of Zanne, who is in heat and her newlywed husband alone with me in the woods. It was truly frightening.

"We're about 5 minutes from the village. I thought it would be best if I went first and got you some clothes so you won't attract too much attention." Xander said as he came out of the woods immediately wrapping Zanne in his arms.

Remembering the assumption that Shenna made in the bathroom 3 days ago, I had to agree.

"Why? Our clothes aren't so different from the clothes I saw our people wear." Zanne asked confused. A smile appeared on Xanders face as she said 'our people' that didn't go by unnoticed. They were going to be great Alpha's.

Reading either my or Xanders thought she realized why the werewolves choice of clothing could hardly be compared to the clothes of the 'city folk' as Shenna called them. "Right. Never mind" she said turning towards Xander to give him a long kiss. A little too long when you are in the presence of your sister. Hearing my thoughts she let go of Xander with a giggle. "Sorry sis, hormones you know?" she said

I rolled my eyes at her and turned back to Xander "So I understand that we can't wear shorts but I'm definitely not going to be wearing a dress when I'm going to be breaking into a castle."

"What do you mean? Women in the city only wear dresses. That's how it works" he said confused

"I mean that I want a long pair of trousers. Understood?" I told him. I knew that when my dad went to buy my mom clothes it was hideous, and I was not letting this guy buy me anything worse than he has to.

"But the whole point of new clothes is trying to fit in. And if you were trousers it's not going to work!" he said already getting angry. Man I was getting pretty tired of being yelled out because of hormones.

"Yeah yeah just get going Xander; I want to be able to get into that castle tonight." I said sternly.

He growled towards me I don't know if it was because of me ignoring him or telling him to leave my sister in the woods. Apparently the male wolves went into their own type of heat. They were extremely agitated when unable to be with their mate and he was growling at me almost constantly as I broke them apart when things started to get a little too hot.