Chapter Forty-Seven

Quick Note: THIS IS NOT THE END! =D There are still a few more parts left of the book. I noticed a few seem to have thought chapter 46 was the end of the book. No its not. You will all be well informed when it is the end. I hope you all ready my notes at the beginning of the chapters otherwise you will not  be aware of some things going on with the book and how much longer it has until I finish it and start the sequel if you don't read them or are not following me you won't know so please pay attention to my author notes. Here is your update. I apologize for the lateness in posting it but it was difficult to write and I knew it wouldn't be very long with all the action in it. It is not edited so don't give me crap for that. THIS AGAIN IS NOT THE END of the book. It still has a few more updates.

*

*

Consumed by fear and hopelessness, I watched the day turn into night. Jerry started to mutter to himself angrily. Periodically he would slam his hand against the steering wheel – I flinched every time.

I didn’t hide my attempts to free my hands from the duct tape anymore. Jerry wasn’t even paying attention to lost in his anger and god knows what he will do now. I feared he wouldn’t wait much longer now that he knows Evan is after him.

We seemed to be driving in circles around the same neighborhood. Like he was arguing with himself on what he wanted to do. He finally parked halfway down a back alley. All I could see is the fences and yards of the houses we were behind. I could hear dogs barking in the distance. The night was eerily quiet as if nature itself held it’s breathe to.

I sat still in the back seat, trying to keep my heavy breathing in check. The anticipation of what Jerry might do overwhelming my mind. His muttering ceased as he seemed to be resolving himself.

He turns around and smiles at me. My heart raced in my chest. In the darkness I could barely make out his features but I knew that smile. I have seen it before.

I didn’t mask the whimper that came out of me. “Jerry please don’t – you don’t have to do this,” I pleaded as he climbed into the back seat with me and took my bound hands in his.

“I was supposed to wait to take you, but I couldn’t resist – the urge was too strong,” he said though he didn’t seem to be talking to me.

“We can still wait and then be together,” I said desperately. I had no idea what he meant by what he said. Maybe it was just part of his insanity.

This time I wasn’t expecting the blow as I had been trying to delay him. My head flew back against the window. This time he used a fist and the pain pounded in my face. Another blow to my stomach flinging me forward, I coughed and sputtered.

“Bitch, don’t try and weasel your way out of this now.” He unfolded my fingers that were curled in a defensive fist and clasped them together like I was praying.

Indeed in my mind I was praying. Praying that Evan would find me and soon. They had to be tracing the phone and maybe the license plate by now. I was grateful that he stopped driving, but feared it might be too late anyway.

“This little piggy went to the market…” he stroked my index finger and my whole body shook trying to block this all out. “This little piggy stayed home…like I should have done…this little piggy had roast beef…hmm that sounds good…and this little piggy had none.”

I screamed when he pulled bending my pinky finger so far back it snapped and cracked. Yanking my hand back to myself I was nauseated at the limp hideous angle the finger hung at. Tears burst from my eyes stinging from all the pain. My breathing came in sporadic huffs and puffs and I trembled unable to still involuntary motion anymore.