Chapter Twenty

Quick Note: The pic on the right is another little collage of Evan and Sonja (Joe Manganiello and Olivia Wilde) that I made. Hope you like the chapter. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Don't get lost in a turkey coma!

*

*

Every day I have woken up with a smile on my face, since Friday night. Since the Halloween party. Since that kiss…

The weekend flew by. Trick or treaters seemed pleased to come by my apartment last night considering how happy I am. I didn’t usually get a lot of them. Stacy and Kenneth could not figure out why I was in such a good mood and I didn’t tell them what happened. It was my little secret for now. We did Halloween at my apartment since they had been so busy lately with Kenneth’s work.

I didn’t care that I hadn’t spoken to Evan since he kissed my forehead good night after dropping me off at home. He didn’t come in and I didn’t invite him. The kiss was enough for the both of us. We had a lot to discuss, so why soil the moment with words. At least that is how I felt.

I hopped out of bed and picked up Boxer smothering him with hugs and kisses as I made our way to the kitchen. He snorgled at me startled by my giddiness. Usually I am a grump in the morning. On this Monday, I was ready to take on this new work week.

Carpe Diem.

“Here you go my little love puggle,” I cooed at Boxer feeding him his breakfast. I reached for my stereo remote and turned on some music as I started my coffee brew. Opening the blinds and sliding the door to my yard open for Boxer, I let the morning sunlight fill my living room.

The song that filled the silent room made me smile and I danced around making my way to the bathroom for a shower. I certainly felt like I am walking on sunshine. Singing along in the shower the smile on my face is going to make my cheeks sore before I even made it to work.

Being how I am as giddy as a young girl at her sweet sixteen birthday party I had no delusions about the complications to the matter. There was Eddie to face today though I doubted he would remember much. He is just lucky I didn’t report him or let Evan do so, which would cost him his job.

I worried someone might have seen us kiss. Caught up in the moment I didn’t think about how public we were when it happened. Even thought it was late at night and most everyone who attended the party was inside and getting drunk.

Then there was just the fact of therapy and the design business we had to continue with together. I assumed we hadn’t spoken because we both were letting what happened sink in and how we could proceed from here. I realized I didn’t think he had my phone number anyway, but Kyle did. He could get it from him or Stacy if he needed to.

For now I basked in the happiness his kiss gave me and pleasure to be intimate like that with him. I had therapy tomorrow; I would worry about it then.

I dressed in a simple blue feminine pants suit and let my hair down with a small clip holding part of it out of my face and light make-up. I never liked to do too much for work. Deciding on a bowl of cereal with my coffee for breakfast I checked my messages on my phone and turned off the music preparing for the work day.

I filled my thermos and said good bye to Boxer locking up my place and drove to work.

“Good morning,” I said with a smile on my face walking into the building. The lobby receptionist smiled back probably surprised by my jovial attitude. I was more like a zombie at this time of day as far as the office was concerned.

I giggled softly as I looked around at the minimal people who had already arrived to work and how the place looked like nothing had happened over the weekend. They must have had one hell of a cleaning crew ready on Saturday. Everything was back in order the way it was before. Except all the individual offices we were told to lock up were still shut and blinds drawn since only the people who they belonged to had the keys.