Chapter Fourteen

Quick Note: Yet Wah is an actual restaurant that I have been to in San Francisco, and the best chinese food I have ever eaten, I miss it. I used to live down the street from the restaurant. The song is just one for San Francisco that I find romantic... Hope you like this chapter. *winks*

*

*

I stared into my mug of coffee watching the steam rise. Sighing, I took the spoon and stirred the coffee cooling it off a bit more. This week has been interesting.

Cooper showing up at my office ranting about my design and how I finally opened up in therapy with Evan were the most significant events. The meeting with Terry went well and we had the green light for his website. So I had been working on that all week putting it together and beta testing with the design student volunteers that came in daily.

We always had students coming in for beta testing as me and the other designers got a go on their projects. It made working out all the kinks go by faster and more thoroughly than waiting for it to be completely live and getting all kinds of tech support emails.

Today would be the most interesting of all. What do you wear to a construction site? This is a business meeting, but I didn’t want to be too casual. Boxer sat quietly eating while I mused over my dilemma. I frowned he seemed lethargic this week lately. I would have to take him to the vet. I hoped he wasn’t getting a winter cold.

I made sure I relaxed myself as I drank my coffee and munched on my morning pastry. I had two hours before the scheduled time and Kyle had called me yesterday to give me directions. He seemed different on the phone when he spoke to me. He was distant and all business for the first time. That was another thing making me nervous. Kyle has been so friendly; maybe there was just something on his mind.

I finished my breakfast and gave Boxer some love. He did seem out of it pour little guy. I took a quick shower and blow dried my hair with the chill of fall seeping in through the walls. Dark jeans and a v neck sweater top I chose to wear and put on sneakers figuring it would be better than heels because I wouldn’t want anything smashing my feet.

I put together my briefcase with my notes and the file for Jenkins and Jacobs, a notepad and camera to get pictures. I’ve never had this kind of meeting before with a client. None have ever suggested it before, so I was excited and nervous at the same time.

I texted Stacy and asked if she could come take Boxer out later since Kyle mentioned this would be an all-day thing. I was worried about my dog. She said she would and yes she had a key to my apartment and I to her house.

I calculated it would take me thirty minutes to get to their buildings construction site out by the ocean front at its location from my place. It seemed ideal for a calming effect for the patients and I knew the general area. From what I remember it is in a small area of shopping centers and medical offices in a quiet hub of our little city. Whoever helped them with their risk assessment seemed to know what they are doing.

I could see the construction before I even parked. The building looked almost completed. Already it gave me a welcoming vibe with its light tones of the outdoor walls of blue and gold. There were various trucks and construction machines, forklifts, equipment for cutting wood and metal displayed in the parking area. A dozen or so more men walking around or were on ladders coming and going from the inside of the rectangular building.

One side of the place opened up to the view of the bay and city beyond. The other side sat the shopping centers gradually going downhill as it sat on a plateau of the landscape curing around. The other medical offices were on the ocean view side extending down the street all with ocean views. I liked how it seemed out of the way from the other buildings, but easy to spot. I wrote all these notes down before even getting out of my car.