Chapter Forty

Quick Note: Wow we are getting close to the completion of this book now people. I can't believe it. The picture on the right is of the key pendant, you will understand as you read. There is also a hint in the chapter of my number one favorite in literature.

Also, I am revealing the title of the sequel in this chapter in a unique way. The first person who gets it correctly gets the next chapter dedication. Maybe a few of you subsequent guessers will also have their names written down for free copies of the ebook when it is finally published as well. *winks*

Your hint is: The title lies in the dialogue of this chapter somewhere. By whom I will not tell. =P

Good luck and Enjoy!

Update: The title has been guessed correctly already! I have recorded all the names that have made guesses and announced the winner on my wall already! The Sequel title will be updated on my wattpad profile for you all to see!

 *

*

Stacy squeals like a kid in a candy store when I give her the ‘souvenir’ I bought.

“I thought this would be perfect for you,” I smiled pleased with my choice.

“I still would have liked to see you in that,” Evan says quietly in my ear.

“I heard that,” Stacy exclaims eyeing Evan with a smirk on her face.

I chuckle sipping from my glass of wine. I snuggle up against him sitting on my couch together.

Three days have passed since our return from the cruise. Christmas day dragged on being apart from Evan at my parent’s house. I kept a vigilant eye on the street, but never saw a lurking man outside this time. No I haven’t forgotten what Evan’s brother said to me either. I didn’t want to bring it up because I wasn’t sure I believed his brother and no matter what it is, I won’t care.

Evan has stayed at my place so far since Christmas Eve. He helped me clean the place up after the holiday and today my friends are over for our gift exchange. Stacy, Kenneth, Kyle, Melanie, Evan and I. Stacy I had just handed her the gifts from the cruise unwrapped as they weren’t technically and gift. I watch as she opens her actual Christmas gift.

“I feel spoiled,” Stacy chirped playfully. I roll my eyes.

“You got lucky I had already bought your Christmas gift before Evan told me about the cruise,” I tried to sound firm.

“How was your trip? I haven’t talked to you since you left,” she asks carefully undoing my wrapping job. I look up at Evan and smile, he kisses my forehead. I also decided not to tell her about the break-in yet, or anyone for that matter.

“It was great, very relaxing,” I answer her. “And cold, like I told you it would be,” I added. She gives me an impish smile being the only one who knows why I mention that.

Everyone begins to hand out their gifts to each other from under my tree. Some were already there and others had been brought here today. I handed my gift for Kyle to him and we both had that kind of smile on our faces when you weren’t sure how to act around someone. I feel bad for Melanie because I did not realize she would be here and that she and Kyle were dating on a regular basis. She doesn’t seem to mind the lack of a gift.

While Kyle and I got along great, this is the first time we have been in a social setting that didn’t revolve around our business relationship and the fact Kyle knew about Evan and me now. We both felt slightly awkward. I had gotten him a gift before I had known he found out.