Chapter Twelve

Quick Note: I am terribly sorry for the latest in the evening for this chapter update as well as it being 4 days past since my last update. I like to update a lot faster than that!!

*

*

Ugh, my head throbbed getting up this morning. I really didn’t have that much more to drink last night so it confused me. It must be all the emotions and tension that have hovered over my head lately, amplifying everything else.

“Eck Boxer,” I pushed him gently away as I felt his tongue licking my face rather seeing it. I had not yet opened my eyes thanks to my head throbbing like a drummer in a metal band. Yawning, I slowly got out of bed and shuffled into the kitchen to make my morning coffee.

Suzanne’s comment rattled me more than I let on because I recalled it bothering me more and more as the rest of the evening wore on. How we had switched moods irked me. As mine soured Suzanne’s seemed to improve. Could she tell her snide comment bothered me?

There wasn’t a spare moment to really think about it. Kyle hung out flirting with Melanie the rest of my stay at the bar. I left before I knew if she decided to hook up with him or not and I really didn’t want to know.

I felt guilty for driving the twenty minutes back to my apartment inebriated and I vowed not to do it again. I only had four cosmopolitans and didn’t feel so bad, so why did I feel hung-over? I listened to the coffee machine gurgle and the Columbian bean aroma filter into my senses as I thought about this.

Oh yes, maybe it was an Evan Jacobs hangover. I shivered remembering the sensation of his arm around me and the way his body felt next to mine as I got lost in his eyes.

Boxer’s yelp at my side made me jump.

“Oh right sorry buddy,” I had forgotten to full his bowl, something I usually do firs thing in the morning.

Wow, my whole routine is being altered or thrown out of sync thanks to this man. I worked hard to establish my routine. It had helped with the therapy after the traumatic situation with Jerry. Now it had just become second nature to me. I couldn’t tell if it was just I didn’t need the perfectly polished routine as much anymore or if something else was taking its place…

I couldn’t let that filter into my thoughts. I knew the danger of becoming attached to a therapist in any type of relationship with them. I did know there is something there now and it wasn’t one sided. Being pleased and liking that fact, had both sides of this complicated thin line tugging me in both directions.

My coffee hissed with its completed brewing and I poured myself a cup immediately with sugar and cream. Leaning against the counter I watched Boxer eat as I sipped from the mug. The warm aromatic flavor soothed me and cleared my head a little instantly as I stood there. I let the caffeine soak in waking me up.

I needed to clear my mind with more than just coffee. Cool fresh air sounded good so I decided to go for a run. I finished my coffee and changed into a jogging outfit. Situating my phone selecting a playlist of mine and attaching my keys around my elbow with the stretchy wristband I set out to stretch on the porch.

Yes, this would help to clear the air in my mind. I started off at a slow pace building my heart rate. For once it was not pumping because of Evan. The cool morning air pumped through my lungs and I felt more and more invigorated as I jogged picking up my pace. The music blared in my ears and my mind went blank. I could enjoy the breeze as sweat broke out on my body and breathing became more labored.

I rarely went for a run, but I felt I needed it to flush out my body with all that has been going on with me. The release of endorphins felt very much necessary and I felt better from it. The fresh air and medium intense run did wonders for a slight hangover. I would get a double does when I take Boxer out later.