Chapter Seven

Quick Note: The song is Eyes on Fire by Blue Foundation. Was the only song stuck in my head during the writing of this chapter. It should be a long one for you guys. I might take the weekend off from writing as I have laundry to do hahaha. I have just been so excited to write this and surprised and utterly happy with the response it has gotten so far! I hope you all enjoy this chapter its full of drama! =D

*

My eyes flickered open to the incessant buzzing of my alarm clock. Rolling over I let my arm lazily slap the snooze button to turn the horrendous sound off.

I shifted onto my back and closed my eyes again. They felt so heavy today for some reason. The light shuffling noise and footsteps or rather paw steps of Boxer and his morning chortling greeted me a moment later. I felt his wet warm nose nudging my hand asking for a scratch on the head. I obliged him and ruffled his little ears. Those small grunts and snorts always made me smile.

My eyes flew open again a few minutes later when the annoying buzz of the alarm blared oddly loud again.

“Alright I’m up.” I smacked the button to ‘off’ this time and sat up. Boxer still sat next to me snorgling.

“I need a vacation,” I groaned. Boxer’s little head bounced with a bark making his tan ears flop gently as if to answer me. “I hope that was you agreeing with me.” I chuckled and threw back my dark comforter. “Let’s go buddy, breakfast and coffee time.” He yipped jumping off the bed following my barefoot shuffle into the kitchen. Falling into my usual routine, I filled Boxer’s dish and changed his water.

After starting my own coffee it was time for a shower. This was like clockwork for me starting my work days this way. I hardly thought about it and enjoyed my perfected routine. The warm water washed over me making me feel a little sleepy again, but I knew the cool air of early morning would hit, waking me up a little more when I finished.

Continuing with the monotony of the morning, blow drying my hair and putting on some light make up, I chose a navy blue sweater dress that was knee length and fit snuggly to my body. I added some black suede heels to finish the outfit off. I let my hair fall listlessly around my face today as I fixed the real morning starter, a big mug of coffee with a pastry from the bread cupboard.

While eating I started to gather my things for work. I pulled my phone from the charger and began to check for any messages. Sometimes I had a few early. The date on the phone caught my eye as I sat around my bar counter. Now, I certainly was awake. It was Tuesday. I had therapy today…with him.

My hands began to feel a little shaky and my heart rate picked up steadily. Already, my day felt like it had plummeted downhill. I had a bad feeling about this. Just thinking about how the appointment might go caused my breathing to come and go erratically and my mouth went dry. I tried to soothe it with the warm coffee, but it didn’t seem to ease any of the tension that had started to build.

I looked at the time, less than twelve hours from now I would be sitting on his couch…maybe. I scowled at the thought and annoyed with myself that it also excited me. I picked up the pastry and violently tossed it in the garbage, my appetite lost now.

I fixed an extra thermos of coffee, dropped my phone in my purse, grabbed my briefcase and keys and headed for the door, already irritated with my morning. Standing on my porch, I rolled my eyes at myself and stepped back inside for a moment.

“I’m sorry Boxer it won’t happen again.” I gave him a good petting for almost forgetting to say good bye and he ruffed at me walking back towards the bedroom. I sighed as I shut the front door once more locking it. I felt guilty for pissing off the one creature that wouldn’t be judging me today.